I hate getting lied to my face!

daisydukes

My friend supposed to go out tonight to hear a local band and I was all set to go but at the last minute I get a text from my friend saying she wasn't feeling well okay was getting dressed so obviously I didn't hear the message so she leaves on my voicemail saying hey I'm not feeling well ( this where she trips up) Amy isn't feeling either so she's not going either anyways talk to you later. If she had just left it at I'm not feeling well but instead she said Amy isn't feeling either that's when I knew she was lying suddenly two people don't get sick unless they unless they get food poisoning which doesn't happen suddenly just as about I'm heading out the door. I am very upset that I'm getting lied to because obviously I know my friend long enough that is a bogus story so what should I do?

Just for fun, call Amy and put her on the spot. Say, I heard ___ isn't feeling well, but that doesn't mean you and I can't still go. let her wiggle her way out of it. Probably they're doing something else together. Just see how many lies they'll tell you and that will make it easier to dump them both if they are both doing it.

• Like 2
  • Author

I kinda mentioned put a gif of Pinocchio and then said I honestly hate when people lie) I was kinda hoping in a way Amy could see that and immediately say you'll never see what posted and maybe just maybe I'd get a phone call text but sadly it never happened so perhaps your approach is much better:)

I would pretend it never happened and stop hanging out with these friends, but be friendly if you run into them. They probably had other plans and used this lame excuse to ditch you.

I don't think it's worth confronting them about it. Usually, people like that try to flip the situation and make you look like the bad guy

• Like 5
  • Author

I see my friend at the restaurant in but thankfully I rarely see Amy but I'm going to keep very professional and as you said pretend like nothing happened and if they happen invite out again I'll be like so sorry I have plans I did enjoy thrift company but immature behavior like that really gets you nowhere and hopefully they'll figure it out eventually. I hate not having any friends ( most have gotten married and have kids of their own or some have simply moved away) but I do miss my old friends.

• Like 1

Join a meetup. Now that they're more common, at least the one I've recently been to seems a lot less awkward than the one I went to 10 years ago. Go to one for a special interest, whether it's a certain music or gardening or whatever so you have something to bond over.

• Like 1
I see my friend at the restaurant in but thankfully I rarely see Amy but I'm going to keep very professional and as you said pretend like nothing happened and if they happen invite out again I'll be like so sorry I have plans I did enjoy thrift company but immature behavior like that really gets you nowhere and hopefully they'll figure it out eventually. I hate not having any friends ( most have gotten married and have kids of their own or some have simply moved away) but I do miss my old friends.

Just because your friends got married doesn't mean your friendship ends. You can still visit them, plan lunch or an outing.

• Author

The friends that do live far away we catch up whenever we can for the holidays we definitely do and my friends who have gotten married some of them I have putin the effort but again say things like we need to catch up and the call never comes.. I say want to hang out and they say I'll let you know and they never let me know and again I get it they have lives they have kids whereas once I was that married person and I was always busy but now I'm the single girl again so I really do understand where they are coming from.