A friend just completely disappears out of your life.

Few years ago, I knew a girl in my life and we were friends. We hung out many times and she was older than me.

All of a sudden, she completely disappears. No replies to texts, calls, anything over social media. Maybe something happened to her? So I kept trying to contact her to see if everything was okay. Never received a single response from anywhere however.

I check her social media, and some of her friends are also looking for her. That means I'm not the only one she cut off.

That's cool, she wants to cut me off I was okay with that. It would have been better if she told me but whatever. What's done is done.

Fast forward few years. She adds me on LinkedIn and Instagram. I attempted to talk to her again on Instagram, but once again no response.

Then, since I'm still getting the cold shoulder I blocked her on Instagram and on LinkedIn and have moved on with my life and don't care about it.

But I was just curious, what is this? Friend completely ignores you, and after few years adds you on social media, then keeps ignoring?

Looking for your inputs on this one. There's no thought of ever being friends again. I'm just curious of the moves that she made.

She probably got married or had a kid or something and dropped off the face of the earth because of that.

Given that you weren't the only one she cut off, I suspect that she was having significant problems of some type.

bluefeather
Why the re-add on social media then?

Social media is the epitome of false appearances. A lot of it is displaying fake closeness and having unreal friends.

• Like 2
  • Author

Could be true in this case, but hard to believe. She's been very careful about who she keeps on her social media.

Perhaps I missed a few points.

One thing I was always wondering was she had a job, but she would never ever tell me what she does or where she worked. She always deflected answering that question, with a clever joke.