Guy friend stood me up?

So my guy friend and I were planning to study at the library on Friday because he said his parents are making him study at the library and I thought I'll join him because he will be on his own even though some of my other friends asked if I wanted to go to their house and study. So on Thursday he said he will message me I waited for him to message me but he didn't. So I still waited to about 8pm on Thursday night and still no message we are friends online and he knows my accounts. So I message him that I'll be waiting outside the library tomorrow. I go to bed and wake up the next morning (Friday) and there are no messages from him he didn't even read my message. So I asked his best friend for his phone number. I got ready and went to the library I messaged him that I'm here and I'll meet him inside or outside just message me. He replied with wait I thought you weren't going anymore and then he said I'm super sorry I'm home alone so I can't go. I was really mad at him because he stood me up and I came to the library so he didn't have to be lonely. I felt really hurt about this as friendship is supposed to be a two way street and I spent my time for him and he didn't for me. I wonder why he didn't ask his parents before if they could take him to the library and why he didn't answer any of my messages? I don't know how to act around him now should I just ignore him or pretend it never happened?

stillafool

He obviously decided to do something else instead. If I were you I wouldn't have waited after he didn't message me back that we would meet. If he is JUST a friend why are you so upset? Do you like him as more than a friend?

Has he stood you up before or is this first time? Also is this someone you have feelings for or just a platonic friend?

If he is just a friend and he gave a sincere apology, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sadly, some friends are just flaky and you eventually learn which ones you can make reliable plans with and which ones you can't. The ones you can't make reliable plans with are the ones you invite to join you for something that you're going to do regardless if they show up or not...that way there isnt much disappointment if they flake out

• Like 1
He replied with wait I thought you weren't going anymore

Well, why did he think this? Is it possible that there was some sort of miscommunication?

I wouldn't have gone ahead with trying to meet up with him there when he never really confirmed plans with you like he said he would. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, he probably thought the plans were off because he didn't message you about it on Thursday. And that's a crummy way to conduct a friendship, but not totally a deal breaker, in my opinion. But now you know he's kind of a flake so you can react accordingly, like the previous poster suggested.

Also, in case you want to have a romantic relationship with him, he's probably not interested. If he were, he would have made sure to meet up with you to study.