Fair Weather Friends

sweetgirl75

sweetgirl75

Anyone have a friend or even a spouse that when you get sick or have a crisis they dump you? Or do not check on you for days. Then when everything is back to normal they reappear? I'm not needy in any way just had my feelings hurt and they ended a friendship with me. I know some people may not know what to do or say in a situation.

They aren't real friends OR They have some issue that they can't deal with reality, which isn't good either. Some people are not real friends and are not there for you, which is what a real friend is.

• Like 1

Yes and I agree with Preraph. They aren't real friends, they are just people to hang out with. They are not really interested in your trouble, I hate to say. Even sisters or brothers are like that, I know. When I was very sick I got my support from an online forum (not this one) and I am grateful for that.

• Like 1

Not everybody is a good in a crisis. I had a few friends that didn't come around when my parents passed. They just couldn't handle death.

Somebody also once told me that most people won't be as good of a friend to me as I am to them. I'm a darn good friend. I am fortunate that I have a core group of people who are amazing, especially in a crisis. Sometimes I worry I don't live up to their example.

Part of life is learning who you can & can't rely on.

• Like 1