Is this normal?

Hi,

So I've been getting lot of calls from my drunk guy friends. I am friends with lot of guys, but there are 3 of them who keeps calling me and texting me when all drunk. Off course they dont speak anything bad, or anything unwanted. But I was just curious as to why do they do so. I mean im not their only friend. Plus most of the time they are actually with their friends while drinking. Yet they call me. However, one of these three guys, does have some feelings for me and says that he remembers me when drunk. The other two have no clue why they feel like talking to me, but they just think of me when they are drunk. Is it that Im too friends with them or is that they like me more than a friend?

Does anyone of your close friends call you after being drunk?

And by the way, they dont nag abt their past ex's or anything. They talk more about what im doing and how my day was.

I am assuming you are male. If not, whole different answer.

Some people get more social and touchy feely when drunk. They maybe get home and have a buzz on and want to reach out and talk to someone.

With men on men, I think if one were wanting to be romantic with you, they'd have been real obvious about it by now and just tried it or said something.

To me, they just sound like they are drunk and want to talk to someone.

If you are a guy, same sex buddies are contacting you while drunk because drunks are chatty & they want to keep the party going.

If you are female, these guys are calling because they are horny. They may just be chatty & hoping to keep the party going but more likely then not they are hoping they find you drunk too & that you are willing to hook up. It doesn't necessarily mean they like you; it could just mean they want to have sex in that moment with any willing body.

• Like 1
  • Author

Sorry that i forgot to mention. Im a female. And I really dont think they are horny or anything, cause they have never spoken anything dirty to me.

Sorry that i forgot to mention. Im a female. And I really dont think they are horny or anything, cause they have never spoken anything dirty to me.

They are horny. That is the biggest reason drunk men call women. To a lesser extent they may have needed some liquid courage to call. The set calling you may be more polite but if given the chance to have sex with you, this inebriated lads will take it.

Well, if you're female, then they're hoping to come over and have sex with you because they have been out drinking and failed to find someone to have sex with. Stop taking their late night drunk phone calls. They're not friends because it's disrespectful to do that to a woman.

I hate to just pile on, but, most likely, yeah, this is it.

Beer goggles.

Beer muscles.

Beer confidence when drunk and horny!

They want to keep it light so you'll still be friends, but, if you gave a hint of "Why don't you come over?", I'm pretty sure they would race right over!

So I've been getting lot of calls from my drunk guy friends. <snip> They talk more about what im doing and how my day was.

Have you heard the phrase, 'In vino veritas'? *

These guys do not have the courage in their normal state of consciousness to just tell you how they feel about you. It DOES NOT have to be romantic; it might be that they just find you fun, interesting, kind, understanding, a good listener, whatever, etc. BUT. It just might be a romantic interest (which is actually my bet).

If they're not hitting on you or asking for a booty call, then it's not about sex-for-the-sake-of-sex. (If that makes sense?)

When they are sober, ask them (one-on-one and in-person) to get real with themselves so that they can be honest with you about the real, true, actual reason they keep drunk-calling you. (If you need, tell them that your friend - which I am! - thinks it is because they have a secret thing for you and are just too 'weak' <lol> to man-up and find the courage to just tell you their true thoughts and feelings, out loud and sober. ;).)

---

* In vino veritas is a Latin phrase that means "in wine, truth", suggesting a person under the influence of alcohol is more likely to speak their hidden thoughts and desires. [Or act out on those hidden thoughts and desires.]

I think neither of the two alternatives here are attractive prospects. One is they are too meek to act interested in your when sober (who needs that?), and the other is they come to you as a last resort after failing to get laid after going out drinking (that's insulting).