Is this a normal friendship?

abc123awu

I've moved away from my hometown but have still kept in regular touch as in phone calls every week almost with one of my best friends who is a guy.

I'm currently in a committed relationship for the past year and over the past couple of months he's tried to call or text me at odd hours. Obv I've been asleep at the time so never responded but I'm assuming he was intoxicated as they were such late hours to be awake at.

Last week he messaged me again and asked me If I was busy and I responded because I was awake and he told me he was drunk and then went onto ask me if i bf was with me and then started saying some other things about himself! i told him to go to bed as it was late.

I'm not sure why he does this and if I should be concerned.

any opinion will help :)

It sounds as though he fancies you as more than a friend. Once intoxicated he has the courage to contact you.

No this isn't a "normal" friendship. He wants it to be a romance. If you don't, you need to put a lot of distance in here, starting with not engaging with him at odd hours & often reminding him that you have a BF.

• Like 2

Yeah, not friendly vibes here. Talk about your bf even without him asking anything. He should get be put off soon.If he doesn't , next time give phone to your father to answer if he calls. Of course pep up your bf

• Like 1

Could be he's just lonely.

Whatever his reason it sounds unwarranted contact with the potential to cause upset in your life.

How you handle it is up to you.

Me, I'd block the number on my phone so he couldn't inadvertently wake me up at night.

Sounds like he likes you. You're only responsible for yourself and your actions. If you are in a committed relationship and you have made that known, then you should probably block and delete his number.