Hard on Friendship

Mysterio

I have a friend named T. We have been friends for about 17 yrs. What I have found in the last 7 yrs is that he has let certain friendships slip away. His current ones it comes across like its a chore to just even pick up the phone.

When we get together its like long intervals between seeing each other. Me and the rest of his friends have to basically chase him to do things with him. He has two newborns, but I don't think thats the problem. I think he is really wrapped up with his digital entertainment.

I have other friends that have way more things to do in their lives. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I have told his GF that I want to talk to them about some things.

Am I growing apart from my friend and I can't accept the fate that is going to come about.

Your care and concern for your friend, and for your friendship is really sweet! Like you mentioned, I think you should share your feelings to your friend and express your concern to him. However, at the end of the day, you have to leave it to T to decide what he wants to do about it. I hope things work out for the best. God bless your caring heart, friend!

• Author

Thanks for the encouragement. I am making plans to have a talk. Its really simple. Its just about being on track and on a regular basis. That means getting together or interacting every 6 weeks or so.