Friend uninvited me to wedding

Angel29

I have been good friends with the groom for over 4 years which he and the bride said I was invited to the wedding ceremony. I was surprised as a registry office is usually small so was please to be asked. The bride asked if I had my invitation which I said no and she said the groom had them but will need to bring it out when he sees me.

A few months went by so I heard nothing. I messaged the groom asking what the arrangements were and he said speak to the bride. The bride said I could only go to the reception as there was no room as the ceremony. I accepted this as it is their wedding day but I don't know why they backtracked.

I felt upset as all of our friends went to the ceremony except me, even acquaintances went who he has not known that long. One friend made it worse telling me there were 2 empty rows of seats which was visible on the photos.

The bride was quite insecure when we first met asking me why I didn't like her and that she needs to be accepted and was trying to intimidate me. I did not dislike her at all and don't know why she thought this but she was paranoid as the groom initially liked me before he met her and he told her this. I did not like the groom romantically so she had nothing to worry about.

At the wedding reception she would briefly see me saying we haven't had chance to speak and would run off so I knew she was avoiding me. I feel now that these people are not friends. Should I say something or cut ties?

If the bride has a problem with you, then you just have to be excluded. Not saying she has a reason or doesn't have a reason, but she has a problem, so I'm surprised you were even invited to the reception, really.

I would blame the groom for not convincing her of your friend status, but I would just let them both go on about their merry way without you.

• Like 2

A guy friend-dumped me and his two other platonic female friends, because of his fiancee's insecurity (the sad thing was that his other girlfriends had always got along well with all of us - none of us were pulling the possessive buddy act.) It's hurtful, especially if you were being welcoming and making an effort to get better acquainted with her. Even if she's that uncomfortable with her partner having women friends, it was still his decision to downgrade those friendships. Just consider them social acquaintances from now on.

Edited by O'Malley
I have been good friends with the groom for over 4 years which he and the bride said I was invited to the wedding ceremony. I was surprised as a registry office is usually small so was please to be asked. The bride asked if I had my invitation which I said no and she said the groom had them but will need to bring it out when he sees me.

A few months went by so I heard nothing. I messaged the groom asking what the arrangements were and he said speak to the bride. The bride said I could only go to the reception as there was no room as the ceremony. I accepted this as it is their wedding day but I don't know why they backtracked.

I felt upset as all of our friends went to the ceremony except me, even acquaintances went who he has not known that long. One friend made it worse telling me there were 2 empty rows of seats which was visible on the photos.

The bride was quite insecure when we first met asking me why I didn't like her and that she needs to be accepted and was trying to intimidate me. I did not dislike her at all and don't know why she thought this but she was paranoid as the groom initially liked me before he met her and he told her this. I did not like the groom romantically so she had nothing to worry about.

At the wedding reception she would briefly see me saying we haven't had chance to speak and would run off so I knew she was avoiding me. I feel now that these people are not friends. Should I say something or cut ties?

There's your reason. More to do about him than you. She feels awkward around you. You tried to talk to her and she wasn't interested... Let it go and focus on your other friends, distance yourself from 'the groom' and let that friendship fade away.....Besides, now that he's married there's no way she will allow him to spend one on one time with you, let alone you spend time with the two of them.

if i were jealous of you i would absolutely invite you to the wedding. not the reception.

the fact that there was room for you at the ceremony should tell you that the friendship is over.

he's married.

e.n.