Friend told about my rant

Angel29

A very good male friend and I used to work at the same workplace with another woman. A few months ago this woman told me to join her new company as we had all been made redundant. I got a job there a few months after her but she failed to tell me how horrendous the place was with extreme monitoring of toilet breaks, phone calls and bullying etc. As a result I left as I was getting anxiety attacks and ill health.

Recently my friend saw this woman which she asked about me and he told her that I was not happy that she failed to disclose how bad the workplace was. He said she seemed embarrassed and made excuses that she told me how bad it was but she couldn't 'find' the alleged texts she said she had sent me. I am still not sure why she was never honest enough to tell me the truth. I feel very annoyed he told her this as it was meant to be private but he said he felt that she needed to be put her in place and not have allowed me to go through this as her actions are not what a friend would do. I don't know what to do now if I see her. Should I deny it?

If you see her, I would say that while you do feel the place had its problems, that you guess your mutual friend failed to mention that you were nonetheless grateful to her for trying to help.

I think you and your male friend are placing far too much blame on this woman for merely suggesting you apply for work at her company. You needed a job, she made a suggestion which you took and it didn't work out.

My job is great in some ways and horrendous in others. Great pay and benefits, good coworker's, but enormous micro managing and nitpicking by management. i despised the job the first year I was there but then I learned the political ropes and adjusted and now I'm happy there for the most part. A lot of the people who trained with me couldn't adjust and they left within a few months. If I meet someone who is looking for a job and I know my company is looking for new recruits I might suggest to that person that they apply but I don't owe them anything. If they get hired and wind up being unhappy that is not my problem or my fault.

I agree with peraph. If you see her, let her know you appreciate her having helped but the job wasn't for you. Don't put blame on her.

• Like 2
A very good male friend and I used to work at the same workplace with another woman. A few months ago this woman told me to join her new company as we had all been made redundant. I got a job there a few months after her but she failed to tell me how horrendous the place was with extreme monitoring of toilet breaks, phone calls and bullying etc. As a result I left as I was getting anxiety attacks and ill health.

What does that mean?