Friendship should survive bad relationships right?

Friendship of 6 years.

When her and I were both single we had a real good time together. Than she met her bozzo about 3 years ago.

* Liar

* Cheater

* Mean to her

* Bad father

* Broke

BUT she lovessssssss him! because he is so hot and makes her weak in the knee.

Their 2 years dating was a roller coaster and I stood by her for every bit of it. She is better than this, she deserves better, she is pretty, professional, funny, she could be SO happy with the right man.

They moved together and her complaining about him became our only conversations. But she lovesssssss him!!

Then last year they bought a house. Even if he has not a dime to his name she paid for the darn house and put it under both their names. GGRRR!!!

Have things been better NOOOOOOOOO!! today again she contacted me at lunch and it's all about how her boyfriend is negative and making her life miserable, how his kids aren't raised properly and make her life miserable, how her parents hate him, how his mom hates her, etc etc etc.

BUT, yes you guessed it! she won't leave because she lovessssss him !!

Then I flipped! and basically told her that is the man she picked and the life she picked. I hope him being hot makes it all worth it !!

Friendships should survive bad relationships right? We had so much fun before HIM!

Well, they don't always survive it. My best friend, over a course of maybe 3 years after she met her bozo, ended up abandoning me because he didn't like her having friends and always got loaded if I came to town and made life hard on her. She had kids with him and later divorced but her parents said, when I mentioned she'd abandoned me, that they figure she was embarrassed about the divorce. Should have been embarrassed that she ever married and had kids with him.

• Author
So it hasn't been a real friendship in 3 years?

If times were tough for you, would she be there for you?

Yes it's about right. The past 3 years is all about her dysfunctional relationship.

She is definitely not there to listen to me when I got my own issues. If I tell her something she'll just answer : Oh that sucks and change the subject. She has another way of being supportive though, if she knows I am down she will always invite me over, she'll cook something I like and we'll spend the evening just us girls. So no, she is not a good listener but she compensates with gestures.