LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

My best friend stole my FWB. Why does it hurt so much?


Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree167Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2017, 3:32 PM   #61
Established Member
 
VeveCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
Well because he wasn't giving me enough. At the time I got the FWB, I had been the one continuously driving 2 hours to visit him whenever I could. I reached hard times and couldn't afford gas and asked him to visit me for once and he didn't. I was really really needing of male attention and validation because my friend seemed to be getting prettier and prettier and I was really jealous and insecure (which is another reason that this hurt so bad). So I needed a man to make me feel like I was indeed pretty and desirable and for some reason the only way I can feel that way is through sex.
Are you in therapy?
VeveCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 3:34 PM   #62
Established Member
 
VeveCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
Well because he wasn't giving me enough. At the time I got the FWB, I had been the one continuously driving 2 hours to visit him whenever I could. I reached hard times and couldn't afford gas and asked him to visit me for once and he didn't. I was really really needing of male attention and validation because my friend seemed to be getting prettier and prettier and I was really jealous and insecure (which is another reason that this hurt so bad). So I needed a man to make me feel like I was indeed pretty and desirable and for some reason the only way I can feel that way is through sex.

This is not love you have for your bf. The minute he can't give you what you want, you jump into bed with another man?
VeveCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 5:18 PM   #63
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeveCakes View Post
This is not love you have for your bf. The minute he can't give you what you want, you jump into bed with another man?
I have an inkling you're some guy who's been cheated on hiding behind a girl's username and picture. How could you as a woman possibly not understand?
Alphaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 5:28 PM   #64
Established Member
 
VeveCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
I have an inkling you're some guy who's been cheated on hiding behind a girl's username and picture. How could you as a woman possibly not understand?
lmaoooooooooooo well it isn't the first I have been accused of being a man on this site...but no, I am in fact a woman. The one whose pic is to the left. I would offer proof to view my twitter or IG but it is against the board rules. But thank you for that laugh.

How can I not understand? Well I am not BPD nor do I seek validation from men. I am saying that in a mean way, I just do not think you realize how unhealthy your behavior is.

Have you ever been single? Alone...no FWB, no dating, no bf, no nothing? Are you able to be? I think you need to enter therapy and take some time to yourself. You are hurting 4 people in this scenario. Your friend, your FWB, your bf, and yourself. Not a single action you have taken after hearing they are together has been a positive one for anything.

You care more about being sidelined for your friend because you think she is prettier than you do about actually cheating on your boyfriend. Think about how hurt you are over this, and imagine now that your FWB was your hunky bf, and he cheated on you. Imagine the pain you would feel if that was the case. That is what your boyfriend feels, and yet, his feelings are the very last thing on your mind. Why is he your boyfriend?

In adult healthy relationships, when there are problems you deal with them. When you are lonely and your partner is away, you suck it up. You don't obtain a FWB then claim he is "your man" and go ballistic when he gets an actual girlfriend.

Has any advice anyone has given you resonated at all?
VeveCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 7:16 PM   #65
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 93
How long were you friends with her? Personally, I would not date someone my close friend was intimate with that way. As for him, at least he was honest with you about what relationship he wanted with you.


How old are you? I only ask because you sound young. As the years go by I realize that landing a "hot" guy is not important. Yes, attraction is important, but so is who a person is on the inside. He didn't see you as "marriage material" because you were already taken. Most men usually don't respect that.


It's probably best distance yourself from both of them. At least for now. Write him off. He is detrimental to you and your fiancÚ's relationship If your friendship with her is strong enough (know for many years), you can always connect with her later when your feelings are not so raw.


As for BPD, I also have this. It is good you are going for counselling. If you continue that and to learn skills to cope better, as you age the symptoms will be easier to manage. Curious have you been diagnosed with PTSD. There seems to be a link between the 2 disorders. Please look in your area for Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Emotional Regulation courses. These will help you and grow you into an awesome person. Trust me, you can do it!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
Well because he wasn't giving me enough. At the time I got the FWB, I had been the one continuously driving 2 hours to visit him whenever I could. I reached hard times and couldn't afford gas and asked him to visit me for once and he didn't. I was really really needing of male attention and validation because my friend seemed to be getting prettier and prettier and I was really jealous and insecure (which is another reason that this hurt so bad). So I needed a man to make me feel like I was indeed pretty and desirable and for some reason the only way I can feel that way is through sex.
SweetiePi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 8:27 PM   #66
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
I have an inkling you're some guy who's been cheated on hiding behind a girl's username and picture. How could you as a woman possibly not understand?
I'm a woman and I do not understand a woman who needs so much attention and validation from men that they would cheat on their bf/husband to get it. I don't think that behavior can be blamed on some disorder. If that were true half the population would be cheaters. If your bf isn't meeting your needs you can always break up with him and find a man who wants you. You aren't married to him and he really doesn't seem to care about you.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 10:10 PM   #67
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetiePi View Post
How long were you friends with her? Personally, I would not date someone my close friend was intimate with that way. As for him, at least he was honest with you about what relationship he wanted with you.


How old are you? I only ask because you sound young. As the years go by I realize that landing a "hot" guy is not important. Yes, attraction is important, but so is who a person is on the inside. He didn't see you as "marriage material" because you were already taken. Most men usually don't respect that.


It's probably best distance yourself from both of them. At least for now. Write him off. He is detrimental to you and your fiancÚ's relationship If your friendship with her is strong enough (know for many years), you can always connect with her later when your feelings are not so raw.


As for BPD, I also have this. It is good you are going for counselling. If you continue that and to learn skills to cope better, as you age the symptoms will be easier to manage. Curious have you been diagnosed with PTSD. There seems to be a link between the 2 disorders. Please look in your area for Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Emotional Regulation courses. These will help you and grow you into an awesome person. Trust me, you can do it!
We were friends for 6 months. I'm 19 (she's older at 21). I knew the FWB (also 21) for a week or so before he met her and the sex stopped. Yeah I'm distancing from them both, I'm realizing they really weren't that special.

It feels amazing to find someone else with this disorder! Yea I made a counseling appointment. I'm pretty sure I do have ptsd but I'm not sure for what reason. Thank you so much!
Alphaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2017, 10:14 PM   #68
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
I'm a woman and I do not understand a woman who needs so much attention and validation from men that they would cheat on their bf/husband to get it. I don't think that behavior can be blamed on some disorder. If that were true half the population would be cheaters. If your bf isn't meeting your needs you can always break up with him and find a man who wants you. You aren't married to him and he really doesn't seem to care about you.
Being that he proposed yesterday I realize he actually does care. The disorder makes it far more likely though. It was a moment of weakness and I haven't physically cheated since.
Alphaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 2:31 AM   #69
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 56,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
Being that he proposed yesterday I realize he actually does care. The disorder makes it far more likely though. It was a moment of weakness and I haven't physically cheated since.
Yet.

Did you say yes to your boyfriend?

He may find out you cheated on him, 3 people know the truth. You, FWB and friend. Never say never, but one of them could very well tell him so if you want an honest life with him, confess and allow him to choose if he still wants to marry you.

You barely have said anything about your boyfriend and seem more focused on your fwb and how you feel about him.

Having a mental illness doesn't justify your choice in actively cheating and pursuing someone else and developing feelings for another man. That's something else inside of you, an insecurity/flaw that needs to be fixed otherwise you WILL cheat on your future husband again and again when you feel insecure or doubting his love for you.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 2:47 AM   #70
Established Member
 
Leigh 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13,145
I have your disorder.

And as much as I love validation..... I never once felt the need to CHEAT or get PHYSICAL with a man other than my ex......

When I no longer felt like being monogamous with my other exes..... umm, I BROKE UP WITH THEM LIKE A NORMAL PERSON.

Sheesh.

So sick of crappy people blaming their mental health disorders for the fact they acted selfish and are not relationship material.
Leigh 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 2:55 AM   #71
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 56,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
He was more than a "guy who bangs me". He was someone who brought me out of my depression.
This is why you need counseling so badly, and possibly go on meds. NO one person (him or your boyfriend) can cure you or make you not feel depressed. That's a false sense of security, as soon as they aren't making you feel high (happy), you're going to crash and feel that depression again, which by the way, was still there all along you were just addicted to the high of how he made you feel masking the depression temporarily.

Please don't marry your long distance boyfriend. You've lead a separate life behind his back, you've not lived with him since he's long distance.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 3:00 AM   #72
Established Member
 
Leigh 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13,145
I used to have an ex. He was such a bit d*ck. He was never that into me aside from when it suited him (babe come pick my sorry @ss up drunk at 3 am every bloody weekend)

So anyways, said ex cheated on me repeatedly. Once he was on a boozy cruise, probably cheating on me, and I met and really connected with an Irish guy I still remember to this day. We clicked, he appreciated me. I was his type/ I was never my exes type.

I got sh*t faces black out drunk with the Irish. He made a move. Guess what I did? I shut him down. Despite having "BPD" and, knowing my ex was not the one for me AND being more into this Irish guy than I was into my ex.

I still didn't cheat.

The fact you do it so freely is alarming and a bit sociopathic.

I am not a saint at all yet I knew better, despite my mental health conditions, to let a guy kiss me and put his d*ck inside me. It is not that difficult to exercise self control and break up with a person prior to letting another guy have his hands on you

You sound self aware and feel intense emotions meaning you seem to care about and have feelings about and towards people; this is great, at least you feel SOMETHING. You just need PRETTY INTENSE therapy to be able to harness your emotions.

By the way, I grew up ugly and became hot (although not model like or totally gorgeous or anything major!). I LOVE MALE ATTENTION. But I never want more than just that; attention. A compliment here and there. Occasional harmless flirting banter.

Please seek help. Or this type of crap will continue to plague you the rest of your life.

You can lead a happy drama free life is you try harder.
Leigh 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 3:00 AM   #73
Established Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaqueen View Post
We were friends for 6 months. I'm 19 (she's older at 21). I knew the FWB (also 21) for a week or so before he met her and the sex stopped. Yeah I'm distancing from them both, I'm realizing they really weren't that special.
Did I read that right? You had been with this fwb for just a week when he met your friend and thus started showing interest in her and eventually dating her? And you'really this hung up over fwb you barely know?

You and your boyfriend both sound disfunctional. Who proposes to a gf that just admitted to cheating? I wouldnt jump into a marriage if I were you especially as you dont seem to show any remorse for your cheating and in fact you are angry that your fwb ended it with you.
I hope you think wisely about this engagement at 19 you are definitely not mature enough for such a commitment and your actions and comments in this thread show that.
I wish you the best.
Rita86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 7:58 AM   #74
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh 87 View Post
I used to have an ex. He was such a bit d*ck. He was never that into me aside from when it suited him (babe come pick my sorry @ss up drunk at 3 am every bloody weekend)

So anyways, said ex cheated on me repeatedly. Once he was on a boozy cruise, probably cheating on me, and I met and really connected with an Irish guy I still remember to this day. We clicked, he appreciated me. I was his type/ I was never my exes type.

I got sh*t faces black out drunk with the Irish. He made a move. Guess what I did? I shut him down. Despite having "BPD" and, knowing my ex was not the one for me AND being more into this Irish guy than I was into my ex.

I still didn't cheat.

The fact you do it so freely is alarming and a bit sociopathic.

I am not a saint at all yet I knew better, despite my mental health conditions, to let a guy kiss me and put his d*ck inside me. It is not that difficult to exercise self control and break up with a person prior to letting another guy have his hands on you

You sound self aware and feel intense emotions meaning you seem to care about and have feelings about and towards people; this is great, at least you feel SOMETHING. You just need PRETTY INTENSE therapy to be able to harness your emotions.

By the way, I grew up ugly and became hot (although not model like or totally gorgeous or anything major!). I LOVE MALE ATTENTION. But I never want more than just that; attention. A compliment here and there. Occasional harmless flirting banter.

Please seek help. Or this type of crap will continue to plague you the rest of your life.

You can lead a happy drama free life is you try harder.
You're obviously just a more moral-based person. I don't really believe in morals or dignity or whatever it is, i believe in emotions and vulnerability. You said you became hot... I was never and still am not hot. You're hot enough to have that kind of self-pride or whatever to not cheat but I'm not. Girls like me should take it wherever we can find it. You wouldn't understand. And I'm FAR from an emotionless sociopath. I knew my boyfriend wouldn't find out (and probably not even care) so I did it- if there was a tiny possibility that he would find out, I would have stuck to my vibrator or just stuck to face timing other guys.
Alphaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2017, 8:04 AM   #75
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita86 View Post
Did I read that right? You had been with this fwb for just a week when he met your friend and thus started showing interest in her and eventually dating her? And you'really this hung up over fwb you barely know?

You and your boyfriend both sound disfunctional. Who proposes to a gf that just admitted to cheating? I wouldnt jump into a marriage if I were you especially as you dont seem to show any remorse for your cheating and in fact you are angry that your fwb ended it with you.
I hope you think wisely about this engagement at 19 you are definitely not mature enough for such a commitment and your actions and comments in this thread show that.
I wish you the best.
I tend to form intense bonds really quickly. The same day I met my friend, I started calling her my best friend. That's just who I am. And during that week, I opened up to my FWB about practically everything and told him all of my secrets and problems and everything. He told me some stuff too. So I wouldn't say I barely know him.

He proposed partly because I agreed to adopt his kids. I said yes but I do have some uncertainty. I'll ask my counselor.
Alphaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feel betrayed after finding out my friend stole my ex lover. ziggue Dating 15 16th January 2015 8:08 AM
Best friend lied to me and my girlfriend then stole her kryptonide Dating 0 6th December 2014 10:50 AM
my friend stole the girl I love?? iamzach Dating 10 4th November 2012 1:00 AM
Friend Stole Credit Card onefunnybabe Friendship 14 2nd September 2009 5:59 AM
Hurt a friend, not sure what now. anon Friendship 3 12th August 2004 5:00 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 6:24 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.