I've decided - I'm ditching

Mooncloud

I had a supposed plan to go to a New Year's house party tomorrow night with my legendary flaky friend. I lost my phone whilst visiting family over the Christmas period and have yet to get a replacement. This becomes relevant later.

As far as I know from when my friend brought it up so enthusiastically several weeks ago, it's a house party in a random village in the middle of nowhere (not even her own middle-of-nowhere village, one several miles away) at some random person's house I've never even met, and I've yet to be given any kind of indication as to where or what time I'm expected to meet her (since she will probably lead me to drag my ass all the way out to this place and have some magical last-minute excuse to not meet me along the way), what accommodations there are since I'm assuming we'll end up staying over as neither of us drive and there will be zero public transport, or if I'll end up some awkward stranger just crashing on the floor/couch after it gets too late to go home. Basically yet again my friend hasn't bothered to think ahead and just gone 'Oooh party you should totally come!'

So, back to my earlier point, despite having lost my phone for almost a week, I've still been readily available online with my laptop and most people default to FB messenger when they need to get in touch with me since I check it everyday. I posted up a status saying I'd lost my phone so anyone really trying to get in touch with me would quite quickly deduce that is the best way to go. I've been quietly aware of my friend's online status as and when I go on and I have not heard a single peep from her, so she quite clearly isn't concerned that I've failed to see or respond to messages she (probably hasn't) sent on the multiple social media apps we use to keep in touch for days.

You'd think that after knowing for several weeks that you are attending a party, let alone one at a strangers' house in the middle of nowhere, and you specifically invite someone, you'd have the decency to try and find out basic details and let them know as soon as you do so that they can at least plan ahead. I'm not ****ing 15 anymore, this teen **** is getting old.

I'm planning to stay put with a bottle of wine, good food, several movies and simply wait until she decides to make the effort to contact me at which point I'll probably blow her off with some lame excuse.

• Like 1