LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

I've lost my best friend

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2016, 1:44 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
I thought she'd been avoiding me because she was so busy with her husband and job but no, I spoke to her today and she told me to 'Get out' of her life.
I feel so horrible. Thinking about suicide
Your friend is not worthy of YOU.

DO NOT kill yourself because she has ended the friendship. Your self worth can't be wrapped up in her or anybody else.

I'm sorry you're hurting, but please don't do something so final and something that will hurt the people in your life you have now. Other friends, family etc., they are the ones you should focus on, those who care about you not ones who don't want to friends.

Not sure what country you're in, but call 911 if you really are feeling so bad so you can get help.

1-800-273-TALK (8255) The number for National Suicide Prevention. Reach out and do talk to someone, don't isolate yourself.
Old 31st December 2016, 2:29 AM   #17

Thank you.
I thought long and hard about suicide but chose not to do anything as that would be stupid and it would make her feel horrible if she heard.
Although she doesnt want me in her life anymore, i dont wish her any harm in any way.
The breakup was my fault anyway. Although we're both in our early 30's, i was too busy acting like a child to notice i was hurting her
Old 31st December 2016, 2:37 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
Thank you.
I thought long and hard about suicide but chose not to do anything as that would be stupid and it would make her feel horrible if she heard.
Although she doesnt want me in her life anymore, i dont wish her any harm in any way.
The breakup was my fault anyway. Although we're both in our early 30's, i was too busy acting like a child to notice i was hurting her
You're welcome. Happy that you're not going to harm yourself.

Please don't bare all the responsibility of this, she has issues and just because she's chosen to end things with you doesn't minimize who you are. It's HER loss, not yours.

Not sure why you think you were hurting her? If anything she's hurt you by treating you poorly and ignoring you instead of talking things out way back when IF there were issues...seems she let it build up and then walked away without communicating. Unless there's more to the story that you've not posted about.
Old 31st December 2016, 6:07 AM   #19

^
The story behind our friendship is more complicated and difficult than anything you'd see in a mid day soap.
Long story short, I was the third wheel for years [about 15 years altogether] and she finally snapped. I was too stupid to realise she would want to be with her husband at this time of year. In general, I was always acting too stupid and selfish whenever I was around her.
I don't wish her any harm in any way. I hope her marriage is long and happy. I've ruined our friendship with my antics. If anyone should have been punished it should have been me and she did punish me by telling me to 'GET OUT' of her life.
She's better off without me anyway