LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

I've lost my best friend


Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree4Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th December 2016, 9:22 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
Unhappy I've lost my best friend

One of my closest friends now seems to avoid me at all costs. She's either busy or cant spare more than a few minutes.
After her wedding [which I was not invited to], she seems to be avoiding me at all costs. She wont answer any messages, calls or cards I have sent her.
Is it just because her new life has made her very busy or does she now avoid me because she might think I'm the scum of the earth or something?

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 31st December 2016 at 2:22 PM..
Fulgrim is offline  
Old 28th December 2016, 9:50 PM   #2
Established Member
 
dpass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 237
Does she have a new boyfriend?

But really, if you "can't live without" a friend then you need to get into counseling. Being that needy can cause many people to run off.
dpass is offline  
Old 29th December 2016, 11:12 AM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17,452
Is this a friend or is this someone you lust after but doesn't reciprocate? Because anyone with a brain will not let that go on. It's uncomfortable for the lusted after one.

If it's a regular friend, well, people move on or sometimes their priorities change. It does suck, but it's a fact of life you must learn to deal with. The key is be social and make as many friends as possible. You know, one thing is giving me a clue here. If you had a group of friends and she was one of them, then it's not easy for her to just disappear on you because you are still friends with the group and so is she, so you'll see each other. This is giving me a clue that you maybe aren't very social and have gotten overly reliant on this person to be your friend (or are lusting after her), and that's an unfair burden to put on any one person.

Go be social and make yourself able to to do that so you can have a group of friends and not be needy for one so much.
preraph is offline  
Old 29th December 2016, 11:53 AM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17,452
She's half of a unit now and she's probably in the middle of making her house a home and all of that, plus busy with her spouse and I assume job. If she's talking to you at all, she's not trying to dump you, but she just can't spare as much time. Obviously, all the "single" things you used to do together are now off the table. She can't be running around like she's single with you anymore.
preraph is offline  
Old 29th December 2016, 9:19 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
I see now, I just didn't take it into consideration that so soon after her wedding she might just want some time with her husband
I guess she's just busy
Fulgrim is offline  
Old 29th December 2016, 9:44 PM   #6
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,127
You have to wonder how good a friend she considers you to be since you weren't invited to her wedding. I think you should find a new friend.
stillafool is offline  
Old 29th December 2016, 9:56 PM   #7
Established Member
 
Shanex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,721
Journal Entries: 3
Unless you aren't or weren't very close, you should have been invited to the wedding.

Is there further information about you and her? Something went wrong between you at some point?
Shanex is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 1:28 AM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 57,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
One of my closest friends now seems to avoid me at all costs. She's either busy or cant spare more than a few minutes.
After her wedding [which I was not invited to], she seems to be avoiding me at all costs. She wont answer any messages, calls or cards I have sent her.
Is it just because her new life has made her very busy or does she now avoid me because she might think I'm the scum of the earth or something?
You have no idea why you weren't invited to her wedding? Did you two have a fight or disagreement in the past? Something changed. People usually just don't up and disappear out of someone's life unless they're just screwed up and jerks.

Anyway she has ignored you and as painful as it is for you please for your own sanity and self respect, leave her alone. Chasing after someone who wants nothing to do with you only will hurt you more...She's made it clear by her silence that the friendship is over.

Sorry you're hurting.
whichwayisup is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 2:22 AM   #9
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
The wedding was kept very small with immediate family to keep it as cost effective as possible.
I don't think I've ever done anything to hurt her? She was very thankful for the wedding gifts I got her. If I have hurt her; then I don't think I deserve to live anymore
Fulgrim is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 7:58 AM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 14,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
The wedding was kept very small with immediate family to keep it as cost effective as possible.
I don't think I've ever done anything to hurt her? She was very thankful for the wedding gifts I got her. If I have hurt her; then I don't think I deserve to live anymore
My goodness, why do you care that much?
stillafool is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 8:07 AM   #11
Established Member
 
amaysngrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 23,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
If I have hurt her; then I don't think I deserve to live anymore
You can't just blurt that out if you care at all about other people since caring people are reading this. Please explain yourself.

Would you really harm yourself to try to hurt her as a revenge?
amaysngrace is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 10:41 AM   #12
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 3,169
She is your closest best friend but you weren't invited to her wedding and you have no idea why?

I really think there is far more to this story and you are holding back the important info. That's fine, you have no obligation to spill your guts here, but nobody can advise you or even give an honest opinion when you are handing out such little tidbits of information.
anika99 is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 11:28 AM   #13
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 57,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
The wedding was kept very small with immediate family to keep it as cost effective as possible.
I don't think I've ever done anything to hurt her? She was very thankful for the wedding gifts I got her. If I have hurt her; then I don't think I deserve to live anymore :(
Don't wrap your self worth up in someone else! What you've just said is very negative and playing the martyr. Are you a negative person overall?

You say it was a small wedding, immediate family only so there's the reason why you weren't invited. You didn't do anything wrong.
whichwayisup is offline  
Old 30th December 2016, 10:11 PM   #14
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 7
I HAVE lost my best friend

I thought she'd been avoiding me because she was so busy with her husband and job but no, I spoke to her today and she told me to 'Get out' of her life.
I feel so horrible. Thinking about suicide
winny likes this.
Fulgrim is offline  
Old 31st December 2016, 12:12 AM   #15
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
I thought she'd been avoiding me because she was so busy with her husband and job but no, I spoke to her today and she told me to 'Get out' of her life.
I feel so horrible. Thinking about suicide
Calm down.
Live your life, dont be so dependent on friends.
__________________
~Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.....
winny is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My only friend that I lost BrunetteBabe1005 Friendship 7 27th August 2013 10:09 AM
Lost my best friend... dcrdsknsfan The Other Man / Woman 10 22nd June 2011 8:14 AM
Lost a friend because of OM charlenedarling The Other Man / Woman 17 11th January 2011 9:47 PM
Lost the first best friend I ever had BoyTeaseR Friendship 1 27th July 2003 10:45 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:19 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.