Question : Christmas Gift for a Friend

I ordered some Christmas gifts for a friend through Amazon.

He received them today and I told him if he doesn't like the stuff he can always exchange them.

We were texting about it.

He never thanked me and his reaction was bit weird -

He said the shirt is bit feminine and the other gift which was refills for an expensive pen (he once told me he has this pen but he can't use it anymore because the refills are expensive, so I thought of ordering them for Xmas) - he said he isn't sure if those are the right refills or not. And I was surprised as to how come he doesn't know that and why can't he check immediately and let me know.

Then he said... your gift is coming but only next month.

Should I offer to order something else for him?

I wouldn't get him anything else since he didn't seem to appreciate the things you got for him already.

I think the pen refill idea was really thoughtful by the way.

• Like 2
  • Author
I wouldn't get him anything else since he didn't seem to appreciate the things you got for him already.

I think the pen refill idea was really thoughtful by the way.

Thanks... yeah I dunno why he reacted this way... very weird.

Did he get you anything? If I received a gift from a friend I'd feel obligated to get them something, or wonder if there were feelings there.

• Like 1
  • Author
Did he get you anything? If I received a gift from a friend I'd feel obligated to get them something, or wonder if there were feelings there.

Few weeks back he said he is getting me something for my birthday which coincides with Christmas. And asked me what I would like.... so I also went ahead and bought him something for Christmas. I am Hindu we don't celebrate Christmas. He does. And like I mentioned in the post he said that my gift will come next month.

Did you go through the depth and explored why did he react to your gift in such a way? It can be because he might be expecting something different than the one you offered him. I remembered on last Christmas, one of my friends gifted me latest trend sunglasses as he was already known that I am crazy for fashion and wearing fashionable accessory whenever I goes out. Likewise, you can gift him something unique which he might be expecting.