How would you feel if a friend suddenly deleted you from social media

Oladeji123

Im considering deleting a female friend of mine from snapchat and maybe Facebook. I had a crush on her but she didn't feel the same for me as she's dating someone else. We haven't really been talking as much since i asked her out. But She seems happy whenever she sees me and would wave at me excitedly. I always want to message her but i don't want to seem desperate so I'm considering just deleting contact with her without telling her and it should help me get over her as well.

• Like 2
  • Author
I think that sounds like a good idea.

It's no big deal. I'm sure she will understand why.

so you don't think she'll take it personally or feel like she's either done something or I'm just being really immature about the whole thing?

• Author
If you've been honest with her, she'll understand why. If you haven't, she may be mystified.

The reason i haven't spoken to her about it is because i feel like she probably wouldn't even care. Recently, our interaction with each other has reduced and i feel that she's deliberately not initiating conversations with me as she doesn't want to lead me on but then i feel weird having to initiate all our conversations so i just feel like it would be best to just delete her completely.

Scarlett.O'hara

If it was me (and I rejected the guy) I wouldn't take it personally at all. I wouldn't think he was immature either.

I would know the reason why he did it, and I would respect his decision to move on.

• Like 1

It sounds like she has already moved on to a relationship so definitely delete her from everything. I doubt she will care. It's what's best for you at this point.