Making amends

Angel29

About 2 years ago I met a guy at a walking group and ended up liking him. I think he thought I wasn't interested as I cut my losses as I heard he was dating someone. Over time he seem annoyed I had lots of interest yet he did nothing to pursue me.

Since then I have struggled to speak to him as I felt hurt by what happened and a lot of people were causing trouble between us. When we are on walks or nights out I catch him looking at me but I can't look at him.

I feel so annoyed with myself as we got on well but we don't talk anymore. Now I would only want to be friends as he isn't right for me. I want to talk to him but bottle it every time. I don't like ignoring him as it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't think he is aware of what has gone on. I don't know how to talk to him as I don't want to do it at the Christmas Party as we are there to have fun. Is it worth me texting him to sort it out? I don't want to leave it any longer.

• Like 1

You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth.

He may not want to be your friend.

Best way = sit down with him...face to face. Be honest about how YOU participated. Own up to any way you may have caused harm. Ask him how you can change things and make it up to him by acting kinder towards him.

Remember, he may not want more friends. Men like gals they can date.

• Like 1

He may think that you "cut your losses" but that was in response to him dating someone else, so in reality, you didn't reject him, right? Since he never showed any real interest in dating you (asking you out, for example), it is possible that his interest in you was of a friendly nature.

I would suggest that you hold off on any proclamations until you have seen him and had an opportunity to gauge his interest to avoid putting yourself in an embarrassing situation. (It is also possible that he still has a girlfriend.)

Instead, when you see him simply say hello, see how he responds & take it from there.

Good luck