LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

friends? rude?

Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By basil67

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2016, 1:11 PM   #1
Established Member

friends? rude?

I was recently planning a big party with a group of friends. The planning committee decided the party will be 80s themed and put it on the invitation. When it was time for the party, no one on the committee dressed 80s except for me.

Would "friends" do that? Was it "rude" of them to tell other people to dress 80s themed but then not do it themselves?

Don't get me wrong, I still had a blast. However, it was a little unsettling. I want no part of planning a party with these people again.

Would you feel the same way?
primer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 1:16 PM   #2
Established Member

primer,
I'm not too sure what you mean by the "planning committee". Maybe you could elucidate? Was this a formal event?

I am thinking that this sounds quite weird. Did someone change the dress code and not let you know?

Please give some more information and then the posters can respond to you more effectively
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 1:21 PM   #3
Established Member

The "planning committee" makes decisions about the event; i.e., date, time, location, menu, theme, invitations, addressing and mailing invitations.
Old 30th November 2016, 2:59 PM   #4
Established Member

So did all the other people who attended dress in 80's style, and was it only the committee (bar you) that opted out ?
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 3:49 PM   #5
Established Member

Do you always answer questions with questions?
Old 30th November 2016, 3:51 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer View Post
Do you always answer questions with questions?
Questions are necessary when the OP does not give sufficient information.

However, if you would prefer a half baked response which is formed without having context, I guess we could dispense with questions.
anika99 likes this.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2016, 3:57 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieswoman View Post
So did all the other people who attended dress in 80's style, and was it only the committee (bar you) that opted out ?

Only the committee opted out. Why did they suggest it then?

Next question?
Old 30th November 2016, 3:59 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Only the committee opted out. Why did they suggest it then?

Next question?
On the night, did you ask them about it? "Oh no! What happened with your costumes?"

The only real way to get to the bottom of this would be asking them about it.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2016, 10:12 AM   #9
Established Member

Could have been a communication issue. Maybe they didn't like the idea and for some reason didn't talk to you about it ? If they all came in a non themed dress code then I guess they dropped the idea and wore whatever they wanted

They should have let up known though. Maybe one of them was given the responsibility to let you know and they didn't ? By mistake?

We can only guess because there is a history between you and them that only to know.
mikeylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 9:33 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
I was recently planning a big party with a group of friends. The planning committee decided the party will be 80s themed and put it on the invitation. When it was time for the party, no one on the committee dressed 80s except for me.

Would "friends" do that? Was it "rude" of them to tell other people to dress 80s themed but then not do it themselves?

Don't get me wrong, I still had a blast. However, it was a little unsettling. I want no part of planning a party with these people again.

Would you feel the same way?
yes, it's rude to treat others like they are only there for your amusement.