My roommates' way of handling chores

So we all have a week of the month where we do the garbage. The week starts over on Sunday, meaning one person's week ends and another person's week begins.

The problem is, my week always starts with the garbage cans completely full. So I have to wake up, and then take out the garbage from Saturday, the previous week. It's like a presidency, where you inherit the consequences of the person who came before you.

I think that at the end of your week, you should make sure that the cans are empty.

Dividing and handling chores with a roommate can be very frustrating, I know. Have you spoken to your roommate about this?

Just do the same right back to the roommate. It's a crappy thing to do to just leave it sit until it's your turn, so don't cooperate when they do that. Two can play that game.

• Author

As much as I hate it, I ended up agreeing with Basil67. I have a lot of better things to do, and it only bothers me most when it's my week (of course) Ah well.

As far as roommate problems go... if this is the biggest problem you have with your roommates, you have some of the best roommates in history. ;)

• Like 1