Weird question from an old acquaintance

justanickname

justanickname

Hello,

I have an acquainted friend (online, different countries but we have met few times when he came to my city for business trips). He could be considered at the age of my uncle's and I consider him as senior acquainted friend. He has 2 children studying in colleges and a nice wife. Basically in my view, he has a good family and I totally don't think of him any other way.

So about 2 days ago he initated a chat on skype (we often chatted line that), which started from funny facebook apps to the results of those apps, the way they give out the results, the methodology and so on. I didnt notice it at the beginning when he asked "do you know when I played the app to know who would like a kiss from me, it turns out you". I really didnt care, so I said "haha, interesting", and then I said I dont give a care of it because all the apps to me are just for fun. However, when he began to question about how data science keeps track om things we do on internet, and then "there must be some kind of connection", etc. I felt a bit strange.

How silly, not until the end of the talk when he finally said, kind of - I dont remember words by words, was it not because I ever thought/wanted that from him, what the hell, really. It turned out all the thing he mentioned, even data science, computer science etc were only to state that?!?

Obviously, "haha, sorry but NO" was my reply. Then he said "releaseful", etc. And told me let not be misunderstand him, he is on the same page with me and totally respect me.

It is funny that the more he explained and said about this, the more unusual I feel about him, and thus, uncomfortable to talk to him

So, yestrrday when I saw his msg on face "working today?", really I just ignored it. I dont think I will keep in touch with the person, at least for a while, but I want to know if anyone shares the same view or different opinion when you hear about this?

Thanks.

He's a horny old man trying to hit on young women. It is best you just ignore him. Do not feel sorry about it. Believe me, he knew he was taking a risk when he started talking to you like this. Just block him if you need to. Don't coddle him or feel sorry for him.

• Like 1
  • Author
justanickname

Thanks for sharing your thought.

As you wrote "he knew be was taking a risk", he was cautious to tell me "have you ever thought twice before you share facebook apps result". I thought he was better, pity he turned out like that. No prob for me to disconnect with him. How funny people can do that when they have such a good family (and they said so with proud).

Yes, it's a shame a nice family doesn't have a better man, isn't it. But unfortunately, this is fairly common. If they can, they will.