dumping bossy friend

darkmoon

Asked her to stop jumping at me constantly with her advice, as it is impossible to relax around her. In private, I asked her to stop but got nowhere.

She is not a qualified professional, or the type of person I like, jumping - and stern - though she used to be nicer.

We are part of the same group, so I could turn my response into a brief joke "the expert speaks" so I do not embarrass the other members of our group too much, being brief means nobody need get involved, and the joke is easy for me to keep using till she shuts off.

Just need moral support, or even advice from those with first-hand experience of bossy people. Should I just ignore her? Or what? Joke?

I think she might even be baiting me, though I have not got angry and never do, preferring assertion, but in spite of her intense religious beliefs, she might actually be an ass. Any thoughts?

Edited by darkmoon
In spite of her intense religious beliefs, she might actually be an ass. Any thoughts?

How awful darkmoon.

Intense religious beliefs is a bit of a red flag for me, moving through life aware of the spirit has nothing to do with irb IMO.

I would go with she's an ass, putting you in the position of having to be the bigger person, practising forbearance and being kind.

What is her age? As this has been a developing situation could it be something to do with her hormones?

Or could she be plain old jealous and resentful?

You'll just have to keep throwing her a ball and watching her run until you have something definitive to go on.

You don't say if avoidance is an option. Sounds like she has a boot sector virus lol.

• Author
How awful darkmoon.

Intense religious beliefs is a bit of a red flag for me, moving through life aware of the spirit has nothing to do with irb IMO.

I would go with she's an ass, putting you in the position of having to be the bigger person, practising forbearance and being kind.

What is her age? As this has been a developing situation could it be something to do with her hormones?

Or could she be plain old jealous and resentful?

You'll just have to keep throwing her a ball and watching her run until you have something definitive to go on.

You don't say if avoidance is an option. Sounds like she has a boot sector virus lol.

we are all over fifty, she knows I drop people, I did once, which she of course lectured me about.

Jealous possibly. Avoidance, not possible 100%

What ball to run? plz use no metaphors, sounds good, but what do I do in relation to her?

Edited by darkmoon
Asked her to stop jumping at me constantly with her advice, as it is impossible to relax around her. In private, I asked her to stop but got nowhere.

She is not a qualified professional, or the type of person I like, jumping - and stern - though she used to be nicer.

We are part of the same group, so I could turn my response into a brief joke "the expert speaks" so I do not embarrass the other members of our group too much, being brief means nobody need get involved, and the joke is easy for me to keep using till she shuts off.

Just need moral support, or even advice from those with first-hand experience of bossy people. Should I just ignore her? Or what? Joke?

I think she might even be baiting me, though I have not got angry and never do, preferring assertion, but in spite of her intense religious beliefs, she might actually be an ass. Any thoughts?

More likely because of. Walk away when she's talking at you.