Lady friend of 3 years - mixed signals

Creon

This girl and I have some history - known each other for 3 years. She liked me at one stage when we first met, then got with someone else out of nowhere and that's who she is currently with. Since then it's all a bit messy, she consistently tells me that she misses me but makes no effort to speak to me.

Whenever I do, she blatantly ignores me and I'm left spinning around. It's clear she made her mind up and went this other guy, and tbh I'm due to start a new chapter in my life soon - still why she does it is a mystery.

Most recently, she went out with mutual friends and I couldn't go, then the next day I wake up to this message: "Missed you on Saturday! :( Hope I get to see you soon x"

I didn't respond until a few days later and, here we are again, she had just blanked me.

I really either want to a) get something worthwhile out of this friendship, or b) cut her out, which is harder said than done because of our mutual friends etc.

tl;dr - girl liked me in the past, has new boyfriend, lives a distance from me. Says she misses me on numerous occasions, but ignores my messages and attempts at contact, and any opportunity to have a conversation, let alone be friends. My favourite part is when we were talking casual and I mentioned there being a new girl at work, she was like "oh don't care, lost interest" - she said that like a year after she got with her boyfriend and rejected me....

I don't think you will get anything worthwhile from the friendship BUT I also don't think you need to cut her out.

Just basically stop writing and reaching out and stop emotionally investing at all, and when you see her with your mutual friends, be polite and just keep a distance.

When you start your new chapter it will become easier not to focus on her. She lives far, has a new boyfriend and sounds kind of flaky so just busy yourself and let it fade and also don't answer her texts if she has no etiquette then do the same. Cheers.