a diplomatic no

darkmoon

Friend A dropped me but 6 months later wanted to make it up. She had not invited me to her birthday., dropped. We were in a lil birthday-group, meeting for meals of four or five ppl over the year. Though we also had 1-2-1 chats etc over eight years.

Friend B is my preferred friend and is a casual friend of A, both at birthdays.

I was dragged, went along with, friend A's making up gambit as she chatted incessantly last time we spoke. I see she wants to be communicative, her way of reforging a bond. I have gone off her anyway, so I left a message on her phone cancelling a meeting she wanted.I blamed insomnia.

I am going to the coast next week with friend B, I invited her just on a whim. I feel no loyalty to A.

If B tells A about the coastal trip - is this a big deal?

We are all over age of fourty, btw.

I hope friend A understands my cancelling the meeting with her was a final decision

Edited by darkmoon

Well, when friend A dropped you, I assume there was no sit down conversation, explaining or closure, right?

Do you remember how that felt?

So now she is back and sorry and wanting to make am mends. You want to drop her now, maybe payback from you like you didn't want me in your life before, now see how YOU feel.

My only thing is, if you know that feeling of being the dropped friend I'd be the bigger person and speak to friend A about it. Tell her how much it hurt and as a result you'd not like to revisit friendship with her and that you lost your feeling of loyalty to her.

2 wrongs don't make a right, don't pay her back with the cold shoulder, just be straight up.

• Like 2