Being anal?

KittyKat67

My good friend who is 47 years old burps all the time super load, and crack up but never says excuse me. I find it low class but she said something that made me feel kind of wondering why I want her to say excuse me.

She said " just because someone burps and makes a loud sound with their mouth doesn't warrant anyone to feel bad" " if it bothers you, you need ask yourself why a natural behaviour like burping would make you irriated if I didn't exuse myself "

what??

• Like 1

To some extent she has a valid argument.

However, personally I would find it gross if it was a regular occurrence.

Furthermore, IMO she would be displaying extremely bad manners and therefore being disrespectful in my company.

We're supposed to minimize, not flaunt, the private bodily functions. She's as crass as they come. Hang out with her and you'll be judged to be like her.

• Author

Furthermore, IMO she would be displaying extremely bad manners and therefore being disrespectful in my company.

Well that is what I feel and then she made me feel like I was an uptight idiot for asking her to say excuse me. for instance, you said personally you find it gross and find it bad manners.....I said that and she said : according to who? If you find it bad manners, maybe you should find out why you are so uptight ....I'm just sayin...thats why I'm here on the boards.

• Like 1
  • Author
We're supposed to minimize, not flaunt, the private bodily functions. She's as crass as they come. Hang out with her and you'll be judged to be like her.

The reason I am on the boards asking this question because I know, I feel the same way as you however......her point would be to you.....is......."were suppose to minimize not fluant etc", her response is again, maybe you shoujld re examine yourself to find out why you are judging what I am donig..

I am perplexed...lol..

• Author

I showed her this post and thread. She basiclaly said to your comment....that you are the one making the rules instead of just letting people be who they are, a burper. I just feel stupid around her but I feel like you do, its disgusting and low class.. but she is making me question why it bothers me?

• Author

My point on this thread is I am feeling like I need to question myself as to why I feel its bad manners.....she basically said to prove its bad manners...

In certain parts of the world it's actually considered a compliment if someone burps after a meal.

However where I live it is not, it is considered bad manners to not excuse yourself and I think most people would do so, however around close friends and family it is perfectly acceptable to burp without having to excuse yourself- although we would say excuse me if we were in a public place.

The reason I am on the boards asking this question because I know, I feel the same way as you however......her point would be to you.....is......."were suppose to minimize not fluant etc", her response is again, maybe you shoujld re examine yourself to find out why you are judging what I am donig..

I am perplexed...lol..

Look, just because she has an argument doesn't mean you have to give it any merit. She's totally wrong. Why keep hanging out.

I showed her this post and thread. She basiclaly said to your comment....that you are the one making the rules instead of just letting people be who they are, a burper. I just feel stupid around her but I feel like you do, its disgusting and low class.. but she is making me question why it bothers me?

Not to worry.

I'm sure the guys are lining up outside Miss Piggy's door, anxious as all hell to date such a classy example of femininity.

My good friend who is 47 years old burps all the time super load, and crack up but never says excuse me. I find it low class but she said something that made me feel kind of wondering why I want her to say excuse me.

She said " just because someone burps and makes a loud sound with their mouth doesn't warrant anyone to feel bad" " if it bothers you, you need ask yourself why a natural behaviour like burping would make you irriated if I didn't exuse myself "

what??

You should tell her if she feels that way why not pull her pants down and urinate in public.

• Like 1
My point on this thread is I am feeling like I need to question myself as to why I feel its bad manners.....she basically said to prove its bad manners...

It is a case of how strongly you feel about it. It certainly goes against etiquette in my book.

https://kymberleefernandes.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/burping-etiquette-around-the-world/

Marlee Mckee also has something to say

Bodily Noise Etiquette?.Really! - Body Noises, Smells, Sounds and More!, Career Success, Gracious Living, Mom Manners & Kids, Too, Personal Polish, Professional Image, Tots to Teens -Manners Mentor - manners| etiquette| social skills| business etique