Is this normal in guy-girl friendships?

Is it common for a guy friend to want to hear from you every day, tell you they love you, buy you things, and say no one makes you feel like they do and that they want you in their life? Mine is doing that and this is my first close guy friend so I'm wondering if it's normal.

He wants you as more than a friend. Either a girlfriend or a sex buddy is epwhat he's got in mind.

• Like 1

Is this a new friend? The use of "I love you" very early on before it's actually built up to a deep friendship where that language is natural is usually a red flag. It's called love bombing, can be a tactic to bond you more quickly and get more of your attention.

Likely manipulation if it doesn't seem right to you...it isn't.

Not saying that's what's going on here, just that it's a theory if this came really sudden in a new friendship.

An easier simple answer, some guys are shy about dating and relationships, if he is socially awkward he may be trying to move the friendship to a romance but can't say the words.

I remember a very platonic friend taking my hand while walking one night. I was kinda shocked and taken back. I looked at him and he looked stone faced straight ahead, it was a very misplaced awkward thing, we weren't really "there" with each other.

He wants sex and a relationship. He's not "just a friend." If you are not interested in him romantically, time to tell him bluntly that you are not and will never be interested in him that way.