Is she worth all the trouble?

Hey guys,

So I've been good friends with a person for about a year now. I've never been one to jump into close friendships quickly, so when she blurted out to someone one day, "Yeah, we're best friends!" I just went along with it (to not make things weird). Recently I had to move in with her when there was crazy drama with an old roommate and our friendship is crumbling because of it. I suffer from depression, she has horrible anxiety and we're both empaths. She's not good at hiding her feelings so I constantly pick up on her beating herself up over nothing. I've tried SO hard to be patient knowing how bad her anxiety is but it's starting to affect me to the point that I don't even want to be around her for an extended period of time anymore. Her anxiety causes her to get offended if I say no to plans (even if I'm exhausted and just want to rest), or spend the entire day in the guest room alone because my depression is acting up and I need space. We've talked about all of this before, but I just see things getting worse and worse. Along with my other (REAL) best friend, we were supposed to move in together but now I'm not so sure it's a good choice. I've lived with my best friend for almost two years now and there have been NO problems, she's the perfect roommate for me and that's all I want. I'm tired of trying to force my depression down every day so as not to do or say anything to hurt the other girl's feelings, but I feel like everything I do she finds a problem with and i don't like having to set aside my emotional well-being for hers ALL THE TIME. It doesn't seem fair; if anything, it seems quite selfish. I understand how complicated mental illnesses are, and I don't think any less of her for her anxiety but I just don't think I can handle it everyday anymore. Am I wrong?

Could you find a cheap enough rent to live alone?

If you moved close to work you could cut down on gas. If you switch to drinking water instead of expensive store bought coffees or soda that adds up a lot.

Shop around for cheaper car insurance and a better cell phone plan. Every little bit helps toward being more financially independent. It helps self confidence too.

I'd really get on craigslist apartment search and see if you can find a place you can afford on your own.

Nothing is more valuable than your own space and privacy. Then your other friendships can be preserved with more space and your mental health improved.