Why do I keep getting upset?

JB_Stuart

I used to date this girl... let's call her Alex.

We broke up three times in one month and we just couldn't make it work.

Eventually we stopped talking to each other for more than half a year.

After I got my heart broken again by another girl I contacted Alex because I really needed someone to talk to.

She was very nice to me, she cared about me and as the time went we became really good friends. We still are friends and we support each other but for some reason I just keep getting upset every single time I talk to her... even when just texting...

The thing is I used to be the typical "nice boy" and after I got my heart broken again I decided to just stop being nice and start being kind of a jerk to certain people just to get things going my way... I guess you could say I became way more assertive.

Now in order to have a normal conversation with her I have to get unreasonably upset and angry whenever we talk... I try to act normal but I always feel like I might as well smash my laptop off the wall.

Don't get me wrong I really like her and I am glad she's part of my life... but at the same time I wanna tell her to f*ck off and never even call me again... the worst thing is I DON'T KNOW WHY...!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeah, about this one guy she's in love with...

Are you assuming that I might still have feelings for her?

• Like 1

Ha, latent attraction. Unfinished business. The logical part of the brain and the emotional part are in conflict. Logically, it's over, you're friends and life goes on. Now, get the emotional part to line up. Not as easy as it seems!