friend who doesn't take out money from his pocket

davidvillasor

davidvillasor

hi I have a friend and he never ever take out money from his wallet whenever we go to the restaurant or just anywhere but still we are good friends. what kind of friend is this?

GorillaTheater

A friend who knows that you're going to pick up the check every time without saying a word about it.

• Like 1
  • Author
davidvillasor

no, i mean what kind of friend is this? like what is the definition of such friend? gold diggers for girls but what for guys?

no, i mean what kind of friend is this? like what is the definition of such friend? gold diggers for girls but what for guys?

Perhaps a moocher? Or a freeloader?

• Like 1

Uh are you asking for a word that fits this description? Is that why you posted here? If so, moocher and freeloader is correct as someone said.

If you're wondering what to do about it, then I can chime in. I have a "friend" like this as well. The situation isn't as extreme as yours. Meaning, he pays for his share because I would never pay a penny for him. But, he's extremely sneaky, and tries to get away with whatever he can: dinners, rounds of drinks, driving/gas money, etc. He's a smooth talker and will cause you let your guard down.

I actually am going to start a thread about this as well, and letting go. That's right, I want to ditch him as a friend. Here's my advice: no matter what you do, or what you say to them, they will never ever voluntarily treat you to anything, and if they can get away with not even paying for themselves, they will. This makes the "friendship" extremely stressful after so many years because I have to constantly watch my back and make sure he's putting in his fair share.

For instance, out at a bar, buying a round? Well I can buy the first round and then I have to keep track to make sure he buys me one. Driving somewhere together? Well it's either me volunteering, or trying to force him to take his car which he never does.

Anyway, that's my story. I hope you figure your thing out. I would instantly stop paying for him and ask him for money back for all the times you did. I doubt he'll comply, but you can try.