Took pictures of my ex's service dog.

My ex asked me to take pictures of his service dog. I am a photographer, and he told me he wanted me to do the pictures. I went over on Wednesday with my daughter and my nephew. He was very nice to the kids, and watched us from his deck. He kept asking the kids if they wanted to watch TV.

His dad showed up while we were there too. It was obvious he didn't want his dad there. He left after a while, and it was just the four of us again. He kept asking if we would stay for dinner and so we did and got pizza.

We had a good time over there and I got some great shots of the dog.

I wouldn't take any money for it, and he wanted to pay me. The next day I got beautiful flowers from him and some from his dad as well.

I'm happy I did it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

My ex passed away the 28th at his home. His son was there. We went to the funeral a few days later and everyone was so sweet. People were acting like I was his widow. Asking if I needed anything and thanking me for the pictures I took that were used in his memorial video. I was humbled. The shots were so great, and I was happy to know he was so happy with them.

Quite a few girls told me they wanted to be me while they dated him because he never stopped talking about me and the relationship we had. His family all held me and sobbed. It always makes you wonder...