I'll never be like family.

I've known my friends since I was 14 years old. I'm 26 now.

They are twin sisters, and basically they are my closest dearest friends. To me they are like my sisters I never had, but I'm not to them. It saddens me a bit. They don't really have close friends like the way I am with them, but overall the choose to keep there distance from me. I've ask 1000 times why, pleaded, begged, cried, and argue with them. But the distance stays the same. It's whatever now honestly.

When you aren't blood related can't force it to be. :(

ChickiePops

Twins can be tough to be friends with if they don't branch out and have lives outside of each other..there's a crazy bond there that is impossible to penetrate.

But..why would you beg to be closer to them? Why not go out and make some new friends you can be close to instead?

• Like 1

Twins are way closer to each other than they will ever be to anyone else, generally speaking. No, your friendship is nowhere near as close as they are to each other. It will never be. If it bothers you that much, and I can see why it might, by all means, just find a new best friend.

• Author
Twins can be tough to be friends with if they don't branch out and have lives outside of each other..there's a crazy bond there that is impossible to penetrate.

But..why would you beg to be closer to them? Why not go out and make some new friends you can be close to instead?

Lol, making friends for me is difficult. One of the sister who I thought I was a lot closer to was my "first" real friend.... and I dunno. That bond to me is special. I know I sound childish, but I simply have a hard time making friends. I quit getting angry years ago. When I was a lot younger I would rage out. But today I was thinking they went out together without me as usually like "damn I'll never be family"

I believe if I could make friends easier I most definitely wouldn't feel this way.

• Author
Twins are way closer to each other than they will ever be to anyone else, generally speaking. No, your friendship is nowhere near as close as they are to each other. It will never be. If it bothers you that much, and I can see why it might, by all means, just find a new best friend.

In the years of going to college and going to work I have never really click with anyone to be friends with.

Plus, in my town eventually people jealousy get the best of them and I had to stop being friends with many people.

• Author

Believe me it's not easy to make friends. I've tried over the years and had many failed friendships over the years eventually going back to them lol.

I might never be close as family, but they have never given me grief or BS during my years of being friends with them.

Well, you better get some friend-making skills. At your age, it is not hard to make friends if you are halfway social. Once these girls have kids, you may never even see them again.

• Like 1
I've known my friends since I was 14 years old. I'm 26 now.

They are twin sisters, and basically they are my closest dearest friends. To me they are like my sisters I never had, but I'm not to them. It saddens me a bit. They don't really have close friends like the way I am with them, but overall the choose to keep there distance from me. I've ask 1000 times why, pleaded, begged, cried, and argue with them. But the distance stays the same. It's whatever now honestly.

When you aren't blood related can't force it to be. :(

I agree with the others in that twins do seem to have an unbreakable bond. Many years ago, I was friends with a pair of twins, and it seemed like nobody could get as close to them as they were to each other. They were each other's best friend.

I don't think this has anything to do with you, so don't take it personally. I suppose it's just the way twins are. Instead, seek out new friends. Ten years ago when I started high school, my now best friend approached me. We started talking, and while I can't say that we became instant friends, we grew closer over a period of time. Once we got to college we became so close that everyone wondered if we were sisters. And now it's been several years since I graduated college. I don't know what happened to the rest of my friends, but this one friend is still very much a big part of my life, even though we live 1000 miles apart.

I know that you've been friends with these twins for a long time, but my suggestion is to instead find new people who are willing to invest time and effort into the friendship. You will be so much happier.

• Like 1
Believe me it's not easy to make friends. I've tried over the years and had many failed friendships over the years eventually going back to them lol.

I might never be close as family, but they have never given me grief or BS during my years of being friends with them.

It sounds like they are being good friends to you. Since you have a pattern of losing friendships, there must be a reason for it. Have you tried to figure out what it is? These friends might be able to give you some good advice if you ask for it, since they have known you for so long.

• Like 1
  • Author
Well, you better get some friend-making skills. At your age, it is not hard to make friends if you are halfway social. Once these girls have kids, you may never even see them again.

Blah, blah, blah.

lol one of them have two children already.

I like how you want to be insulting rather then give advice.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Author
It sounds like they are being good friends to you. Since you have a pattern of losing friendships, there must be a reason for it. Have you tried to figure out what it is? These friends might be able to give you some good advice if you ask for it, since they have known you for so long.

When I think about it I believe I don't handle people's bs well.

o.o; I can never really be friends with... "normal" people. They always have some sort of issue. If i had to put a label on it. I had a friend we reconnected after a couple years being apart.... However, she was drug addicted, her man was too, it was insane. She was very toxic and i removed myself from her life.

Other people typically they have significant others and rather be with them then hang out most of the time. My recent friend that I lost at the job she stop talking to me once I left my department because the supervisor was harassing me. She picked her job over me that I can understand.

At the job I try to be very social, say hello how are you? I have been there for almost eight years now. I am no a person who make friends well I believe.

We have several sets of twins in our family and they are all their own best friends. They really don't want to share their bond with anyone not even their own siblings. Don't feel bad they were just born with their best friend.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

You can have friends that are as close as siblings... it should happen naturally though.

You shouldn't have to beg or plead for it.

• Like 1
ChickiePops
Blah, blah, blah.

lol one of them have two children already.

I like how you want to be insulting rather then give advice.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't think that poster was trying to insult you...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author
I don't think that poster was trying to insult you...

"Well, you better get some friend-making skills. At your age, it is not hard to make friends if you are halfway social"

Basically means, "you're too old to not be able to make friends. Come now are you are retard? If you are an adult you should be able to make friends"

I am "best friends" with twins. I use quotation marks, because even if one of the twins is probably *my* best friend, I know I'm not hers. Her sister is. I'm quite good friends with the sister as well, but we're not as close.

It's pointless to try and be more than you are. They probably rate you quite high in their friendship "list", but the highest spot is for each other. I know that is true with "my" twins.

• Like 1