a wedding invite

I am to be invited as bridesmaid and toast-make to a friend of ours who died. At the wedding will be a mutual friend who I do not want to know as we had a big row, and she is arsey, and I have not even known her that long compared to the others.

The Bride wants me to make it up with her, to all meet up for a meal, she will blame me for the row, but I no longer care for her, I am inclined to be merely pleasant to arsey people, smiley and pleasant, but not hang-out. Once somebody gives a hissy fit, it is over. End of. She is just an acquaintance now.

The Bride and the friend are all part of a group who I am not part of.

But we all knew the friend who I am to toast, as some of us. If i refuse to meet the arsey friend point blank, I will be dropped

Worse, the toast friend had great people skills (she was one of my besties, all time greats) - and now comes my speech fully "she had great people skills, which i think is why she meant so much to the community out there, and why we all love her here this evening - ladies and gentlemen, charge your glasses to ...."my speech would be sincere, see.

If I ask the Bride to ask somebody else to do the toast, well, nobody wants to stand up in public, and the one who might have apart from me wil be away., the Bride is too shy.

i also know the Bride will just decide to uninvite me later on in the wedding planning, on the advice of the Groom, as i do not see her very often now anyway.

We are all over forty, btw.

Edited by darkmoon

The bride has no right to tell you to make it up with this person. I think she's getting a little overly self-important because of her wedding. It's one day and it's over. I think you should tell her that of course you are always polite to the person when you run into her but that you do not feel she has any right to tell you to make up with her or expect any more than that.