Buddy moved to the west coast and I'm very upset

NoLeafClover

NoLeafClover

My buddy moved to an area close to San Diego from Detroit for a new job that will hopefully give him a permanent visa then a working visa he had to renew every year..but I am very upset.

He has literally no one there. His Family is in a different country far away and those that lived closer, haven't been around during this time.

I decided to drive with him and help with moving stuff out the old place and pack the remaining stuff in the 4 door sedan I sold him on a loan for cheap. He through a lot of stuff away and is literally starting from scratch.

For a week we drove cross country motel hoping, vegas and other shenanigans but once we got to his apt reality started to hit. We also had car problems which I was able fix in the apt complex parkinglot but even a simple tool such as a screw driver he would have to buy. He's not someone who works on cars as he's in the medical field who graduated with a 3.9 at our university.

His place had No furniture , living room was really dark, not even a shower curtain or microwave... When we got to his place we bought air mattresses and I only was there for 2 more nights before flying back.

Now I'm back home constantly thinking about him and hoping he's okay. I feel responsible in a way and I know I won't be there to help him in case of an emergency. He literally has noone there.

I know he'll be fine, make good money at his job and also can make friends easily but images of us eating breakfast on the floor and the car breaking down in the middle of the desert don't sit well with me.

There has been times we had our little tensioned arguments through the years and I'm sure he probably wouldn't have driven 3k miles cross country for me but it doesn't make me feel any better over his situation.

I feel like I lost a brother I never had in a way. There will be no more calls to meet at the gym or plan for a guys night out...No more inside fb jokes, no girls stories to share. We'll both eventually part ways and not be as close...that's just life.

It upsets me and he probably doesn't even realize all this and how upset I am. I hope things workout for him and that he's not feeling the way I am. He's got a lot on his plate right now.

He gave me his 32" lcd and some other stuff as a gift because there was no room in the car and I feel like I wanna ship it over to him but I know he'll be offended in a way.

I have never experienced this before. I feel like I lost part of me and it's not a girl that I was dating.

Hang on there, I will come see you soon my friend.

My buddy moved to an area close to San Diego from Detroit for a new job that will hopefully give him a permanent visa then a working visa he had to renew every year..but I am very upset.

He has literally no one there. His Family is in a different country far away and those that lived closer, haven't been around during this time.

I decided to drive with him and help with moving stuff out the old place and pack the remaining stuff in the 4 door sedan I sold him on a loan for cheap. He through a lot of stuff away and is literally starting from scratch.

For a week we drove cross country motel hoping, vegas and other shenanigans but once we got to his apt reality started to hit. We also had car problems which I was able fix in the apt complex parkinglot but even a simple tool such as a screw driver he would have to buy. He's not someone who works on cars as he's in the medical field who graduated with a 3.9 at our university.

His place had No furniture , living room was really dark, not even a shower curtain or microwave... When we got to his place we bought air mattresses and I only was there for 2 more nights before flying back.

Now I'm back home constantly thinking about him and hoping he's okay. I feel responsible in a way and I know I won't be there to help him in case of an emergency. He literally has noone there.

I know he'll be fine, make good money at his job and also can make friends easily but images of us eating breakfast on the floor and the car breaking down in the middle of the desert don't sit well with me.

There has been times we had our little tensioned arguments through the years and I'm sure he probably wouldn't have driven 3k miles cross country for me but it doesn't make me feel any better over his situation.

I feel like I lost a brother I never had in a way. There will be no more calls to meet at the gym or plan for a guys night out...No more inside fb jokes, no girls stories to share. We'll both eventually part ways and not be as close...that's just life.

It upsets me and he probably doesn't even realize all this and how upset I am. I hope things workout for him and that he's not feeling the way I am. He's got a lot on his plate right now.

He gave me his 32" lcd and some other stuff as a gift because there was no room in the car and I feel like I wanna ship it over to him but I know he'll be offended in a way.

I have never experienced this before. I feel like I lost part of me and it's not a girl that I was dating.

Hang on there, I will come see you soon my friend.

I'm so sorry. I can just imagine how painful it is to have a very close friend move across the country, especially when they've been such a big part of your life. Sure, him living on the west coast now means that you won't see each other on a regular basis, but that doesn't mean you can't still keep in touch! Technology, social media...I think these are great ways to keep in touch with people. Maybe you can make plans to have weekly phone calls or Skype sessions. You can still share all the things that happen in your life, just as you used to! Sometimes I feel that distance can actually strengthen a bond. It's exactly what happened when my best friend moved away. Even though we see each other maybe once a year, I still know all about her life, and she knows all about mine. She's still the first person I go to when I need someone to talk to.

As for your friend living on his own, those don't sound like ideal living conditions, but as you said, he will find his way through it. You can always call him just to see how he is doing.