When you meet up with friends, how do you greet them? With a hug?

I noticed that whenever I meet up with girlfriends, they just say hi and don't bother to really get excited or even give me a hug. Now, whenever I watch these reality shows when women meet their girlfriends they give each other hugs and kisses, compliment them how great they look. I compare how I get greeted and everything seems half assed..or am I overreacting?

KittyKat67
I noticed that whenever I meet up with girlfriends, they just say hi and don't bother to really get excited or even give me a hug. Now, whenever I watch these reality shows when women meet their girlfriends they give each other hugs and kisses, compliment them how great they look. I compare how I get greeted and everything seems half assed..or am I overreacting?

I like to greet with a hug and a compliment. There are some friends though that you can tell that's not their thing but I don't take it personally. If you feel like you want to hug, then reach out and hug. Thats what I do because giving out love is cuz you want and its unconditional.

I don't have a friend greeting routine, mainly because I've known mine for decades. If I happen to really like what they're wearing or their hair, at some point I will definitely say that. I don't usually hug when we first meet for a get-together, but depending which friend it is, we usually hug upon them leaving. Not all my friends are kissy kissy. And the hug is usually more of a shoulder type thing and not a full body press, which I feel might only encourage them to descend into their baser proclivities.

RecentChange

Please do not compare your real life to reality TV :(

It depends! Some of my friends hug, or even compliment, others just say "hey!".

I can't say ANY are all showy and over the top like you see on TV. I am out a couple nights a week - and see lots if other "groups" and I can't say I have ever witnessed that TV drama type interaction in real life.