Spending time alone

nightingal

Is it abnormal for a person to like spending time alone? I work 5 days in a week and after I get home or over the weekends, I don't feel like socializing with anyone but just staying home and relaxing. I step out to run few errands but that's it am not really into meeting with friends every weekend and partying. I am very much career oriented person(or I feel so :)) and I don't feel like spending time on all these social gatherings every week but instead plan out and prepare for my next week.

I don't talk to friends or coworkers on phone, because I can't think of anything to talk about everyday. I have one best guy friend, who I talk to when he comes over to my place, but other than that I don't have a lot of friends. I do have lots of friends who live nearby, but our mind sets don't match. So I don't feel like meeting them or talking to them everyday but just limit to casual talks at work. For which they think am abnormal and that I don't mingle with people.

I love spending my time watching movies or browsing internet , working or shopping(alone again). Many of my friends think am weird, but why do people expect everyone to be all partying type and when they see a loner think of them as an abnormal or weird person? Or am I really weird to like doing things all alone?

• Like 1

I think it's weird how our human society values & celebrates extroverted people who are socially successful, and treats introverts like there's something wrong with them. I guess it's one way to identify creeps who mean us harm (and who don't advertise their presence for obvious reasons). Still, it's such an inaccurate view.

Don't ever feel bad about treasuring alone time.

• Like 2

There's nothing abnormal about it.

I treasure my time alone.

Do what makes you feel good.

• Like 1