My friend makes everything about her! Arghhhhh

I adore this woman, she is sweet, funny and kind n we go back a long way .

The trouble is I am really at breaking point with her narcissism.

For example I have a problem... Share it with her.. "Oh that's just like that time my love interest did that.. " proceeding to talk about him...in a completely unrelated situation.

The most annoying thing of all is that she thinks she looks like people.

I showed her a pic of my ex's new girlfriend.

The first n only thing she had to say was "oh she looks so much like me". She looks NOTHING LIKE HER

I showed her a pic a few months ago of the girl my crush chose over me .

" oh! She looks just like me"

Theni mean it got to a point where she literally was calling me up n if I mentioned my boyfriend the first thing (and only thing she cared about was) "have you shown him a pic of me yet? "

Sounds laughable I know but it's really getting on my nerves! What should I say to stop her doing this? Or at age 32 is it just ingrained in her?!

I think I'd just stop being friends with her. It keeps sounding like she's interested in the men you are interested in and feels entitled to them too. Why haven't you just blown up at her? Say "Are you nuts? She is MUCH prettier than you." That ought to shut her up.

• Like 1
  • Author

It is funny you should say that, she has dated one man who was a dear ex of mine (but dumped him as soon as she secured his definite interest) and started chatting to another guy, the love of my life in fact, even travelling to see him at one point it KILLED me a bit! But I told her how much it hurt and she has been good enough not to speak to him since then - though it is not my right to tell her who she can n can't speak to I know. Haha I dare not say that they are prettier than her I don't want to hurt her. Its just everyone knows girl code is to say how much better I look than the gals in question. Not to say how much she looks like them - implying that the guy in question wants a her-lookalike!

Anyone else ever come across this level vanity in someone? I haven't!

Cinnamonstix

She goes after your exes, dominates conversations, is delusional and only takes interest in herself. She is a terrible friend. Raise your expectations and standards of who you keep in your life, girl!

• Like 1