Friendship(s) at risk.

Jim nine three

Jim nine three

I didn't know where to talk about this so I decided to post here.This will be a lengthy post so I want to thank anyone who takes the time to read and share his opinion with me.

So,I have a circle of 5 close friends,many of which I have been friends with for almost a decade,and some even more.Everything was fine until around this time last year.It all began after I broke up with my girlfriend of 3,5 years.This has nothing to do with the situation directly,however things escalated as time went by.At this point I want to say that I am a very shy person,especially with women I develop an interest for however that's just who I have always been,I take my time learning new people especially girls I like.This is where things started taking a turn for the worse.I met this new girl who I develop an interest for.I wanted to take things at my own pace however my best friend started pressuring me.And by pressuring me I mean he quite literally told me "if you don't take things to the next step with this girl by the end of the week I'll make a move on her".I didn't want to force myself so I took it and let him do his thing,however it was quite obvious it hurt my ego since he knew I liked her and that's the way I am with girls.Anyway the ended up dating for a couple of months,he didn't really like her,there was no chemistry and things ended indifferently for both parties.At that point I really didn't mind and honestly forgot about this whole thing.I'll get back to this later however.

As time went by most of them started harassing me for any and all reasons.I know friends are supposed to make fun of each other every now and then however almost everyone seemed to make fun of me all the time,calling me names all the time,putting me in embarrassing situations.My friend with whom I had this issue with the girl mentioned in the paragraph above started patronizing me.After a failed reconciliation attempt with my ex-girlfriend things got out of hand.I was heartbroken,and had just been through a horrible winter emotionally (I have posted about it here on multiple occasions).So,one day we were hanging out at my friend's place.Nothing out of the ordinary for me,I was made fun of constantly throughout the day up to a point they started saying nasty things about my ex which made me lose control of my nerves.Not about the ex,but about the fact that they knew that the topic hurt me however they kept on making fun of me.I started shouting and hitting everything in my way and then burst into tears.This was an all time low for me,I have never felt this bad again in my whole life.Eventually they realized that they were practically bullying me and they stopped,for a time.

A couple of months after that,we started hanging out with the girl I mentioned in the first paragraph.She was also a good friend of one of my close friends so no one really minded.As time went by we discovered we had a lot in common and the interest was clearly there so we agreed that if nobody had a problem with it we could take things to the next step.I talked to everyone about it and all of them were cool with it,even my friend who had dated her in the past.So after a week or so they started going at me again.Today they called me names like traitor,backstabber and many more.My friend who dated her in the past,even though he was cool about it and acted indifferent at first now started getting bitter towards me.I made it clear to him,and everyone else for the matter,that I would not take things to the next level with her if he was not ok with it,and he told me he is cool about it and told me to go ahead.Now they started making fun of me again.I honestly don't want to ruin my friendship with anyone,so I don't mind politely breaking it off with her for the sake of our friendship.However,is this really called friendship anymore?I honestly believe that deep down we all love each other however I am so sick of being patronized and being made fun of every chance they get.What should I do?I have talked to them about it more than once and sooner or later it happens again.