Gift for my friend

My guy friend has been bringing me back small presents from the trips he had been to(with his friends). Though these aren't very expensive ones like chocolates, coffee mug etc. but I want to be sure that this gesture doesn't mean anything. Am going on a trip next week and want to buy something for him. Is that a good idea? I don't want to give him a wrong idea by bringing him something in return if there is an inherent meaning that am not able see.

I've lived a long time, and I haven't seen a guy buy gifts for a woman they weren't somewhat romantically interested in. Gay guys, yes. Guys aren't normally feeling like just friends with women. Not saying it can't happen, but if you have to go by the odds, odds are he is hoping these gifts will make you get romantic with him. Fact is he's doing it over and over. If you reciprocate, I bet you will find he ramps up the romance. I hope I'm wrong.

d0nnivain

It is a sign that he does like you.

Reciprocating may be in order because things are out of balance.

However, until he says something don't assume. If you don't want to date him but clear, firm yet gentle when you turn him down.

You may want to drop hints so he never asks. Personally I'd get him a t-shirt from your trip that says something like My friend went to XYZ and all I got with this lousy t-shirt.

Also make a point to mention other men you find attractive. Talk about some hot guy you saw on the trip.

Can you tell if he gives everybody gifts, or just you? If he gives to everybody, it might not mean too much, but I still think it does.

Yes I think it is a sign. I have this guy who keeps giving me stuff on my birthday and Christmas and I can't seem to get him to quit lol.

And another guy went on a trip and bought me gifts and that was really sweet, as I think he put a lot of thought into what he gave me. I reciprocated on my next trip. Led to my current relationship. I mean there were other things that led to a relationship but the gift giving was one of the signs.

Edited by sarah999