Do you think I'm the [problem] here?

Fb friend asks for money

So a girl I'd been fb friends with since about 2013 got married and after that, all I ever got from her was two requests for money. Now I never met this girl offline. Just we were fb friends that's all and we had great chats before she married; after that, she didn't write to me even though I congratulated her on her marriage. After her marriage all I got were the two requests. So after the second one came, I blew up at her for asking me, just a fb friend, we'd never even met offline, for money. This only just happened a few minutes ago or so give or take.

Here's the chat, I want to know, was I the ******* here, cause she basically called me one and defriended me after.

person I had on fb for years ssks me for money (we've never met in person offline) and when I get mad and say no and get mad for asking people she never atually met offline for money, I got deleted and called the *******. Here's the convo, sorry, I just needed to rant to someone.

Sasha:

Hey is there a way I could borrow some money until tomorrow? We got screwed over by some "friends" when we got to Florida, and we're waiting to move into an apartment for our jobs, but in the meantime we're hit ? I have a YouCaring profile set up that explains the situation in more detail... I hate asking this. I've asked family and friends, and nobody seems to be willing to help ?

Me:

Nope I don't give money over the net

Sasha

Alright thanks you..

Sasha

Really? "and yet you were PM'ing me asking for money.....don't complain when you are doing it to other people." What does this mean?

me

You complained about some guy asking you for money....and yet here you are asking me. We have never met.

Sasha

The guy was running a well-known scam.... It was like those "Nigerian Prince" scam.

me

I don't care if it was the queen. I don't take kindly to being asked for money. espcially since I've never met you offline.

Sasha

It's alright, I wasn't expecting you to be so crass about the entire situation. You could have easily said "no I don't send people money online" and left it at that. There was absolutely no reason to be rude about it.

I wasn't begging you for it, I simply asked if you could help.

me

you ask people for money onlin you never really met offline (money bring out th bad in a lot of people so I wouldn't do that for my own relatives) and you expect non crassness? Have you been living on fantasy island since you got married? you used to be cool, but ever since you got married all I ever received from you were money requests.

sasha

I've donated to plenty online friends when I had it. I've given money to shelters, homeless people, charities, and to anyone who has ever needed it. I've known people online-only for less time than you, and I've helped them out when they were struggling. I try to pay-it-forward any chance I get. So no, I don't get offended if someone asks for money, or needs it to survive.

It's fine, I understand your mentality, and it's fine. I don't agree with it, and all I would have said was "I'm sorry, I don't have it at the moment", not become an ass and start berating the person who is already having it hard enough.

Again, you have a great evening. It's obvious our friendship hasn't gone the best of routes.

It's best we go our separate ways. I wish you success and prosperity. Goodnight.

I think anyone who gives someone online they don't even know money is just being scammed. Charities have to have a nonprofit classification to be able to do it. Of course, there's Go Fund Me and all that. But when someone is being friends to you online, never met you, and asks for money, in my opinion, that's the only reason they're being friendly.

You should just block her. It's ridiculous for her to even ask.

• Like 4

I think it was crazy that she would even ask and I seriously doubt that she has been handing out money online as she claims but I think your response was a little over the top and rude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

yeah I was rude, I - me and this girl were fb friends since 2013 but we had never met offline. Before she married the husband she has now, she used to confide in me telling me about her nasty ex. we were both pro choice and pro gay rights and all.....when she got married she changed. I sent her a pm saying congrat I was happy for her all that....I never heard from her again. then came the first money request. I ignored it. Still never heard from her for months til out of the blue a second money request. And that;s when I blew. You don't get to ignore me and then ask for money....from someone you haven't even met offline.

I guess I was hoping people would understand here why my rice got boiled, so to speak.

Arieswoman

Blade96,

For what it's worth I think you handled it well and shut down her unreasonable demands pretty quickly.

If she needs money them why can't she go to a bank ffs?

Sadly, I don't think she's the person you thought she was. :(

You need people in your life who are supporters, not spongers. :)

Good luck x

Of course people change when they get married, a little bit, but that shouldn't affect common courtesy.

On the other hand you did sound a little abrasive and uptight but I don't think you should worry about it.

What I found most interesting was; they got screwed over by "friends" ... and neither friends nor family would help them out...

That seems to say something right there.

Methodical

She asked. You said no. She said okay thanks.

The next line of text is a bit confusing as to who said what. Maybe you are projecting your thoughts?

Bottomline, she didn't get nasty about the rejection yet you went off on a tangent. Her saying okay should have ended the discussion, IMO. There was no need to deliver a berating lecture.

• Like 2
She asked. You said no. She said okay thanks.

The next line of text is a bit confusing as to who said what. Maybe you are projecting your thoughts?

Bottomline, she didn't get nasty about the rejection yet you went off on a tangent. Her saying okay should have ended the discussion, IMO. There was no need to deliver a berating lecture.

My thoughts too. Why get into a twist about it?

blade, trust me, we get it. She had some nerve asking you for money. But that was her. You only have control over yourself. You could have chosen to respond in a better manner that you could have been proud of. That is all. In the end, people fade away and all you have is how YOU handled your own life.

Nope I don't OP was rude. Pretty clear actually. How "great" of friendship was it if you've never met in person??