I survived around an obnoxious [jerk]!

HansonGirl

I just wanted to post my success story. I used to know this jerk (a self-proclaimed A#$h0le) in my social group, and i could NOT mask my contempt for him. I couldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. But I acted very childish, and it ended up hurting ME.

well i just wanted to say how i was around this other obnoxious jerk I know this weekend at a weekend event. (if you want to know the details on why i think he is one.... i can PM you...but let's just say i am not the only person who thinks so--- one of them is always greeting everybody with a fist-bump). I basically had no choice but to be around him the whole time (other than opting out of attending...). I am sure at least one of the people there could pick up on the fact that I disliked him, but how do people do it? Act all fake and nice to a person... I am REALLY bad at that, but I am working on it!

Just go with the mindset that you will be polite and calm no matter what. Consider that whatever this obnoxious jerk says or does it has no bearing on the big picture of your life. I mean how does his fist bumping greeting have anything to do with you? If you let small little things like that affect you and how you behave then you will be the one who is seen as an obnoxious jerk. Be polite.

TaraMaiden2

If you're letting it get to you, I wouldn't say you're 'surviving'.

The whole point of survival is being able to reach a level of indifference.

I'd say you're not indifferent, and are letting this guy's irritating (to you) behaviour, get to you.

I know you say there are other like-minded people; you're not alone in your criticism of him.

But how they deal with him or handle him is THEIR problem.

How you do it, is yours.

• Like 1