Should I be upfront with this guy?

KansasChica

Okay, so I met this guy like 5 years ago at a friend's party. He seemed nice enough, but I wasn't interested in him. He friended me on Facebook that night, which I accepted because "why not". Soon after, he moved to another state and I haven't seen or spoken with him since, with the exception of whatever he posted on FB.

A couple nights ago, he messaged me out of the blue and said he had an extra ticket to a concert- his friend had to bail and because I seemed like a fun person asked me to join. He was going to sell me the ticket. At first I was super pumped because the concert is sold out, but then I realized that it would be a lot of money and declined. He responded that the money wasn't really important and that he just wanted me to go anyway.

I'm still single, but I've really hit it off with another guy- so I have no interest in this guy offering me the ticket. I'm not sure what he's hoping (if anything) and I don't know if I should tell him that I'll go, but only as friends. Or what's a tactful way to approach this? Should I even go?

I know I'm probably overthinking this, but I just don't want to lead him on. That concert ticket was a LOT of money.

Thanks!

Just ignore him. For one if he was interested in you he wouldn't have tried to sell you the ticket. Now that that option is off the table he is probably hoping for something to come from this evening by offering you the ticket for free. There is no such thing as a free meal. You really have no idea who this guy is so if I were you I would just decline. This might upset the other dude you hit it off with as well.

No, he is interested. He wants a date without calling it a date or appear to be asking you on a date. Hence, 1st ploy buy extra ticket. You shot him down. Then back up plan: money is no problem.

Problem is not money or you not liking him that way.

Problem is when he 1st made the offer you needed to tell him thanks for thinking of you but you are in a relationship now and must decline.