Best Friend lying boyfriend. Feel Betrayed.

I am in a bit of a dilema. You see i am seriously contemplating dumping my best friend.

She has a boyfriend that she is MADLY in love with.

Without getting into to many details, the dude is a cold and manipulative liar. He fabricated a story about a sister he does not have...many things to say.

He has lied to us for about a whole year. She herself felt something was wrong and snooped arround, found out she doesn't exist. But pretty much decided to forgive him, cuz it's just one BIG ASS lie but in the end she didn't get hurt, just some emotions that got hurt and wasted gifts to his 'sick' sis...

I am baffled.

How can someone just get over a liar like this? Atm i think she is being incredibly stupid, just cuz she is madly in luv.

Anyhoo, i dumped his ass. Now i am contemplating leaving her but idk if it is the right thing to do.

Sure she did not hurt me, but she still choose him.

I can't be arround him for the **** he has done, as such i can't really be arround her either.

Tips?

I don't know how it is your business or why you needed to "dump him"; but yes if it bothers you that much end your friendship with her. I doubt if she will mind at this point.

She's a slow learner. Just tell her that you don't want to be around him because he's a habitual liar and then don't agree to be around them together. Love is blind.

• Author
I don't know how it is your business or why you needed to "dump him"; but yes if it bothers you that much end your friendship with her. I doubt if she will mind at this point.

I needed to dump him because he was my 'friend' also and her BF.

And he lied to both of us about his unexisting relative for a whole year.

Me and my friend(his GF) sent condoleances and gifts to his sister. You get where this is going rite? He just went with the lie he coughed up a year ago.

'she' would play with us on our online games, but it was him pretending.

It all blew up when we wanted to really meet her and it was impossible.

I was in awe at the lie and am ignoring him. She on the other hand is in awe with him being a romantic douche who buys her everything she wants...so she forgave him.

I was in awe at the lie and am ignoring him. She on the other hand is in awe with him being a romantic douche who buys her everything she wants...so she forgave him.

People who are involved romantically tend to overlook things their partner does to preserve the relationship. This is what is happening here because they are in love. You are not and they sicken you. He betrayed you both except she has forgiven him because she is in love with him. Now you don't want to be her friend because she forgave her bf. So yes back away and leave them to their relationship otherwise you will just stay aggravated.

Is the girl in this story your friend for 5 years who you are secretly in love with?

If so, yes you should distance yourself from her for your own mental health well-being.

While this guy you have already cut off is in her life, you need to separate from her. If she is willing to spend time with you, without him & without talking about him, you can still have some contact but I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1
Is the girl in this story your friend for 5 years who you are secretly in love with?

In lieu of the above, definitely back away and leave them alone.