Why won't he let her go?

thatmusicdude

thatmusicdude

I have this friend Brad who use to date my old best friend Sarah. Things fell apart between me and Sarah and she broke up with Brad. Well, Brad and I still hung around and became best buds. We no longer socialize with Sarah because of how bad she would make us feel. But here is the problem, I was able to let go of my 7 year friendship with her because I had enough of her lies and cruelty so I just try and forget about her all together. Brad on the other had still seems to bring her up. When I first starting hanging out with him he never really opened up and expressed himself. Now he does it all the time. I just don't understand, if Sarah upset him so much, why does he still have to talk about her. It has been almost a year since they broke up, but he still tends to talk about her every once an a while and it just irritate me because I want to try and move on. I know he sees dating her as a mistake and I try and just move on from it, but he tends to linger. What can I do? I just want to help him move on with his life and forget about his past mistakes.

ThatMusicDude

There are some relationships we get into that seem to go deeper than we wish and some people who get under our skin. She must have meant a great deal to him and she'll always stand out in his life when he looks back at his relationships. I think we are all allowed that one person who makes us so weak in the knees but is so totally wrong for us. It makes us value the good reltionships more. His special somebody will show up some day and I don't think his thinking about Sarah will stand in the way of that, but she changed him in some way and that's why he's still talking about her. Don't worry about it, he has let go, but it's a part of his life that he can't erase. Just try and tolerate him