To Admit I Still Like Her or Not

Coconut_Ball

First time I have asked for advie on one of these boards so thanks in advane.

I developed feelings for one of my female friends. Eventually she turned me down in favor of her ex-boyfriend who she is now back together with. Before they got serious again we were able to maintain our friendship pretty well and it was like nothing changed. However, they are now serious and her boyfriend does not like me what so ever, he forbids her to talk or see me. We still e-mail alot and keep in decent touch though. We both appear to want to keep a good friendship going. I still like her. Do I tell her straight up that I still like her but want to keep a friendship going, do I just hide my feelings and suck it up, or do I just end the friendship? This entire situation is driving me batty because every option seems like the valid one to me.

Thanks

bluechocolate

Her ex & now current b/friend sounds like a real jerk.

he forbids her to talk or see me.

And she lets him do this?? So she is keeping in touch with you behind his back, or something like that?

She's not available to you right now so I fail to see how telling her that you're interested in something more than friendship will accomplish anything at this stage. Keep those cards close to your chest for the time being.

If you want to keep in touch as friends, then continue to do so, but honestly, I wouldn't be doing that in the "secret" way that it sounds you two are. And besides, if she's with this guy then maybe you should just let her be so you can get over her & meet other people.

Hi Coconut_ball,

We still e-mail alot and keep in decent touch though. We both appear to want to keep a good friendship going.

I can see how you hope that she could one day see you in a different way. But her actions speak louder than her words... she's with the other guy right now because that's what she's wants. She has nothing against you... and you seem like a good guy. You can hope for the best, but ultimately she decides who she wants to see.

I agree with bluechocolate... stay as friends (I personally don't like to burn any bridges), and meet other people. You're single to meet a better prospect... and she's out there!