Why didn't this guy text me back?

circlesinfinity

circlesinfinity

I said hi to him and told him that this was me. He replied that it was nice seeing me again since I no longer work with him.

Then I said the next day:

"hi (name) I wanted to ask you, what do you do for fun here? And want to hang out sometime? I don't know many people here. Oh I bet (friends name) is super nice too." (It was a friend that hugged me...him and his friend hugged me at the same time once, lol)

Did I say something wrong?

I was all in a friendly manner.

Michelle ma Belle

Sorry OP but I don't own a crystal ball. If I had to take a swing I'd say that he's just not that into you.

How long has it been anyway since you texted him?

• Author
circlesinfinity
Sorry OP but I don't own a crystal ball. If I had to take a swing I'd say that he's just not that into you.

How long has it been anyway since you texted him?

I am not interested either, I meant I want friends though. He's not interested in being friends?

Michelle ma Belle
I am not interested either, I meant I want friends though. He's not interested in being friends?

My comment still applies. Men aren't like women where they feel a need to be surrounded by a gaggle of women friends.

And you didn't answer my question about how long it's been since you sent that text?

• Author
circlesinfinity
My comment still applies. Men aren't like women where they feel a need to be surrounded by a gaggle of women friends.

And you didn't answer my question about how long it's been since you sent that text?

It has been a while (months) I just want to know what did I say. I am not used to do this, is why I asked.

Michelle ma Belle
It has been a while (months) I just want to know what did I say. I am not used to do this, is why I asked.

I know it's hard but please don't bother with the over analyzing of what you could have possibly said or done wrong. It's such a waste of valuable time and energy particularly since you're not even interested in this guy in any romantic way.

Some guys are just plain idiots when it comes to handling situations they're not comfortable with or uncertain about.

Chalk it up to immaturity.

You asked too many questions and one inane comment in one text.

You didn't start the convo with an opener and let it lead to a logical conclusion.

You asked him what there is to do that is fun and THEN if he wants to hang out without bothering to discern if he might even be interested... Then a comment about a third party?

Nope - you have been ghosted.

• Like 1
  • Author
circlesinfinity
You asked too many questions and one inane comment in one text.

You didn't start the convo with an opener and let it lead to a logical conclusion.

You asked him what there is to do that is fun and THEN if he wants to hang out without bothering to discern if he might even be interested... Then a comment about a third party?

Nope - you have been ghosted.

Lol we are still talking about being friends, right?! He texts d the same amount to me. I just don't rememeber exactly what is was....

Whatever, I guess. I will die alone...

• Author
circlesinfinity
I know it's hard but please don't bother with the over analyzing of what you could have possibly said or done wrong. It's such a waste of valuable time and energy particularly since you're not even interested in this guy in any romantic way.

Some guys are just plain idiots when it comes to handling situations they're not comfortable with or uncertain about.

Chalk it up to immaturity.

You're right, he's younger than me so I will go with the immature label. Lol thank you ?

• Like 1

It's really nothing you did. The person doesn't want to be friends or doesn't have time to be friends with you. It's no big deal is it? Just move on and find a new friend.

• Like 1
You're right, he's younger than me so I will go with the immature label. Lol thank you

Maybe he/they don't want to hang out with you because you are older. Who knows, who cares.

• Author
circlesinfinity
It's really nothing you did. The person doesn't want to be friends or doesn't have time to be friends with you. It's no big deal is it? Just move on and find a new friend.

He told me he liked older women before he even knew my age. LOL! I think he thought we were the same age or younger, I still look like I'm in highschool.

It is because I don't have any friends in this new town. If men talked to me more often it would be easier to let go. I'm rarely talked to, even as a friend...

I wouldn't say he is immature, I'd say he simply wasn't interested in a friendship with you. Hard to say why. Maybe he's a mans man and prefers male friends. Maybe he was dating someone and thought it would be inappropriate to start up a friendship with a female, maybe he thought your lets hang out together text was actually an invite to be more than friends and maybe he just didn't feel like he clicked with you as a friend. Don't sense agonizing over it now because only he knows the answer to your question and he isn't going to tell you.

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle
I wouldn't say he is immature, I'd say he simply wasn't interested in a friendship with you. Hard to say why. Maybe he's a mans man and prefers male friends. Maybe he was dating someone and thought it would be inappropriate to start up a friendship with a female, maybe he thought your lets hang out together text was actually an invite to be more than friends and maybe he just didn't feel like he clicked with you as a friend. Don't sense agonizing over it now because only he knows the answer to your question and he isn't going to tell you.

He's immature in terms of how he handled this.

It is because I don't have any friends in this new town. If men talked to me more often it would be easier to let go. I'm rarely talked to, even as a friend...

Can you make female friends in your town? Do you work with any females who could be your friends to hang around with? You guys could go out together and meet men.

Whatever, I guess. I will die alone...

How old are you?

Because statements like this make you appear to be a teenager. In fact, it makes you appear like a teen-age drama queen...

• Like 1
  • Author
circlesinfinity
Can you make female friends in your town? Do you work with any females who could be your friends to hang around with? You guys could go out together and meet men.

Yes I can. I moved around a lot so it is difficult to connect with people in general...I think can give it a try.

Just a side note, I really would appreciate it if anyone didn't call me names or become disrespectful. I am very shy and that is just how it is for me.

I am an introvert, I don't get approached and so I am trying to change my life around. Talking to him was very difficult so please be nice. I wouldn't call anyone names and I have considered suicide in the past because of how I was treated by people, men too...which is really messed up.

Know someone's back story before being rude!!!

Thank you.

Edited by circlesinfinity

I moved around a lot so it is difficult to connect with people in I wouldn't call anyone names and I have considered suicide in the past because of how I was treated by people, men too...which is really messed up.

Know someone's back story before being rude!!!

Thank you.

I'm sorry I didn't know anyone here called you names. I'm sorry that peoples words hurt you so badly that you consider suicide. This is a tough world we live in and for your own protection you should seek therapy to help you adjust to the harshness you will experience just by living. You can't control what comes out of other peoples mouths but you can get help with how to deal with it.

Michelle ma Belle

OP, don't worry about being an introvert. I'm an introvert as well although most people who meet/know me wouldn't necessarily agree. I guess that's a good thing and shows that I've gotten really good at disguising it over the years. It doesn't change anything for me except that it can get exhausting if I'm not careful. Besides, some of the most brilliant and talented people were/are introverts! Just Google it if you don't trust me. We ROCK!

Regardless, have you heard of or even considered going to a Meet Up? It's a great way to get involved in something you enjoy AND meet new people. Depending on where you live, you might be surprised with what you will find.

It's a start anyway. Good luck.

• Author
circlesinfinity
I'm sorry I didn't know anyone here called you names. I'm sorry that peoples words hurt you so badly that you consider suicide. This is a tough world we live in and for your own protection you should seek therapy to help you adjust to the harshness you will experience just by living. You can't control what comes out of other peoples mouths but you can get help with how to deal with it.

My apology, I couldn't post that separately it was not directed toward you.

• Like 1

I think the Meetup is a great idea! You just need to get out there and many guys will approach you in a social atmosphere.