A Twisted Story

I became friends with a guy and a gal from my work around June-July this year. We spent lot of time together in and out of work and also chatted on Whatsapp all the time. To me it was a platonic friendship. I enjoyed their company a lot.

I always had a feeling that the gal likes the guy. End of August the gal told me that she feels that the guy likes me. I was surprised and told her that I dont think there is anything like that in his mind. But she went on to give me many examples of things he had said or done in the past and how that meant he liked me. I said.. well it may or may not be true anyways I am happy to be just friends with him at this time nothing more.

Then suddenly the gal stopped coming out with us. When I asked her she said that the guy is a show off and had too much ego and she cant stand him at all! She hates him and thats why she avoids us both. She however said that I should not change my friendship with the guy bcoz of her and she is sure he likes me a lot and he is always nicer to me. What this meant was that the guy and I were now going out alone. I enjoyed his company a lot... we went for movies n dinners n drives and different activities. Although it bothered me a lot that why this gal isnt joining us but all my efforts to convince her went in vain.

In the meantime the guy started to drop hints at me that the gal actually doesnt hate him.. but she likes him. I was confused about the equation between the two of them.

The gal on the other hand was trying to convince me that I should date the guy. If he is not asking me out then I should. And I kept saying no. Sometimes I felt as if she is trying too hard to convince me.

Then one day the guy planned for the 3 of us to go out. First we would go to haunted house n then clubbing. When he asked the gal she immediately said yes. I was surprised since she "hated" him.

Anyways we 3 went out. At the haunted house the gal was completely all over the guy hugging him n holding his hands saying she is scared. I was feeling very awkward. Then we went to few clubs n were back. Next morning the gal texted me that she is gay and she likes me. This particular text conversation went on for around 4 hrs. I was very very confused. I told her I am straight and not interested. When I shared this info with the guy he said that she is just messing with me. My gut feeling was that there was something more to it. One day the guy accidentally left his phone in my car and I saw some of this text messages with this gal n I came to know that they are sexually involved and this guy was aware of her plans to tell me she is gay. I was very shocked but I couldn't understand:

1. Why the gal was trying to convince me so much that I should date this guy if she was herself sleeping with him?

2. Why would she say she is gay when clearly she is not?

3. Why both of them planned to play these games with me? I tried to think a lot but I was a good friend to them always.

Any thoughts and inputs would help me.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by winny