Attacked by insecurity.

PuppetLife

So this problem had bothered me a year ago, and this year i thought everything is going fine, when all of a sudden it hits me again. I am so worried about the fact that my good friend A and my good friend B, ( they are also friends with each other) are becoming closer, are talking to each other often, hanging out, or possibly talking behind my back. I don't have this problem with friend C talking to friend B, friend D hanging out with friend A without me, etc. But when it comes to friend A and B, i become insecure for no real reason. For me this is a big concern but i cannot overcome it no matter how hard i try. I don't let this concern bother anyone, i don't show it to anyone, i don't even talk about it. But every time i feel that way, i'll try to persuade myself that everything is okay, they can be friends while i'm still friends with them. And that even though i might be worried, nothing will change. But i'm up to the point where i will check their last online time and if the time are close to each other's, i assume they were talking to each other. Or if they replied at similar time, i assume they were talking to each other on the phone. Which is perfectly fine, but it makes me feel not okay? What should i do?

So one friend was yours first, then met the other friend through you and those two are close? Is that what is bothering you? Why do you think they talk behind your back? Even if they do, there's nothing you can do to prevent them from doing so.

I know obviously it's easier said than done but really try your best not to pay attention to their online activities, times they're on facebook etc, all that does is fuel your fire for feeling insecure.

Focus on your other friends, meet new people and keep busier. Hopefully it'll lessen your anxiety over this.

You can't have an expectation of fidelity in friendship. Yes, you can reasonably expect a friend not to betray you some way or tell something you told in secret to another person, but you can't expect them to behave as if you are their only friend. Honestly, sounds like maybe you have more feelings than just friendship to be having this issue.