Should I forgive a threat?

KittyKat67

So the threat was made out of anger after a friend and I got into a fight over texting and both of us really layed into eachother. She texted " you will live to regret this". Now about 10 years ago, we had a similar fight and she told me " i had better watch my back". I rolled my eyes because we are like sisters , been knowing eachother since we were 15. We hung out from 18-24. Had a falling out and didn't talk for 4 years. Now we re conencted for 7 months and had a falling out. I'm realizing that we were friends and besties in our 20's, but during the times we didn't talk, we drifted into different lives. I love her dearly but am bothered that she would have the nerve to even say something like that. I'm hurt but I"m more pissed acutally. It was obviously said out of anger in reaction to what I pointed out. Any input is appreciated.

Without a doubt, her threat was out of order. But I can't comment further without knowing what you said to her. Perhaps you said something appalling.

What did you say to her which provoked this? And what were you fighting about in the first place?

• Author
Without a doubt, her threat was out of order. But I can't comment further without knowing what you said to her. Perhaps you said something appalling.

What did you say to her which provoked this? And what were you fighting about in the first place?

Well, I told her she needed to get her head examined if she thought this guy was going to give her 25k for nothing. She was using this guy clinging on to him and he offered to give her money to build a small house. I kept telling her there ARE strings and it blew up in her face. She has maniuplated older men into giving her money, she is a single mom of 4 and has it hard. She's a good mom but I don't approve of that and it came out when we were fighting as she was telling me stuff about myself as well. I told her that her being in survival mode for 20 years changed her. And we were fighting because she talks and talks and talks about herself all her drama and I listen and when I need to vent she listens and has to go right away and its been builing up. I had a heart condition that has been diagnosed and called her at the hospital and she responded to me and told me I'm a hypochondriac, so I"m pissed about that, I needed her. She has just telling me how to do things what I should do, how to solve things...etc and its driving me nuts and I blew up and she did too.

The original reason of the argument was that asked her to just listen sometimes to me instead of thinking I am asking for advice. She got mad and said I just wante a sounding board. I said yes. that is true. BEcaue sometimes people want someone to listen. I"m the type I try to give my advice only when asked. So I told her that and she started telling me I don't want to hear the truth, that made me mad because who wants someone to tell them the truth about them selves every conversation? She wouldn't accept the notion that I am not asking her for her opinion. So she said some scathing things, I told her to get HER Life together..blah blah blah and about the 25k, and reminded she was a user. Ok so I wish I wouldn't have said those things, but it is what it is. I didn't threaten her back, I just ignored her because I'm not afraid of her for one, and I know she said it out of anger only. But still, I am having a hard time she would even go there.

Edited by KittyKat67

She sounds pretty horrible, like she only thinks of herself and will do anything it takes to get what she wants and has no empathy for you. Not a very good friend.