am i too sensitive?

deen-ooo

when i was younger, i didn't have much lcuk in making friends. i'm an adult now, but then i still kind of feel this, since when i was younger, people used to like harass me and stuff. they'd be nice at first, but then not give a **** after a while. i made acquaintances with this woman, cos at first she seemed ok, but then she asked me to come to her charity group and she was...well weird when we were playing draughts. i dunno, maybe it's me, im a dope. :p and misreading, but when i was like younger, i got to know people and then they turned. i kind of think it's because...well i dunno, i think there is something i don't get, but then meh.....I use every setback as a chance to improve.

I've got to be honest - I the way you wrote about your mother and your desire to move out in this post http://www.loveshack.org/forums/off-topic/personal-rants-confessions/558508-i-told-my-mum-i-want-move-out-other-day-she-s-hurt was a little shocking. Most people here would be saying something like "I really need to change my situation at home/move out. How can I help my parents understand?" But your post was completely self centred and lacking in empathy. While I understand your desire to move, your attitude towards your mum was nothing short of callous.

I can't help but wonder if the attitude shown in that post comes out elsewhere in your life. It would easily explain why people avoid you.

• Author

but i think you have some issue in me expressing myself...i dunno why, but then i don't see where it's stated why i cannot, bar some imaginary rule. :laugh: my tone is the same as all others' here, I don't see why it's different bar some attempt to "bully" me based on some subjective thinking of your own. :D

when i was younger, i didn't have much lcuk in making friends. i'm an adult now, but then i still kind of feel this, since when i was younger, people used to like harass me and stuff. they'd be nice at first, but then not give a **** after a while. i made acquaintances with this woman, cos at first she seemed ok, but then she asked me to come to her charity group and she was...well weird when we were playing draughts. i dunno, maybe it's me, im a dope. :p and misreading, but when i was like younger, i got to know people and then they turned. i kind of think it's because...well i dunno, i think there is something i don't get, but then meh.....I use every setback as a chance to improve.

If you use every setback as a chance to improve, you're not a dope and you have a strength many MANY people don't have!

One possibility is that you (like pretty much everyone) have expectations about how someone will act or should act. Sometimes we do misread others' actions because we expect that their actions mean one thing when they actually mean something else. So what you interpreted as her being weird might be that you expected one thing and then when your expectation wasn't met you saw it negatively. Maybe try to view others' actions more neutrally or as positive and see if things shift for you.

• Author
If you use every setback as a chance to improve, you're not a dope and you have a strength many MANY people don't have!

One possibility is that you (like pretty much everyone) have expectations about how someone will act or should act. Sometimes we do misread others' actions because we expect that their actions mean one thing when they actually mean something else. So what you interpreted as her being weird might be that you expected one thing and then when your expectation wasn't met you saw it negatively. Maybe try to view others' actions more neutrally or as positive and see if things shift for you.

maybe, i guess i just don't get it.

• Author
If you saw what Basil wrote as being "bullying", then yes, you may be too sensitive.

s/he courageously calls me out for posts of exact/similar tone to all others...:laugh: they're just strangers i'm not responsible for their morals/ideals.