Would it be okay to offer to pay?

emerald86

I went to a party with a friend a couple of days ago. I met the host before, but I don't know him too well. The facebook invitation said "BYOB" but I didn't think I would drink so I didn't bring anything. Well it just so happened that I did end up drinking, and now I'm feeling a bit guilty for not having brought anything. It was a big party with over 60 people, so I doubt he noticed, but I just want to contribute.

Should I contact the host and let him know that I'm willing to pay him, or would that be a strange thing to do?

Strange thing to do. Don't worry about this whatsoever. It's a non issue. Guarantee you that the thought had never crossed his mind.

• Author
Strange thing to do. Don't worry about this whatsoever. It's a non issue. Guarantee you that the thought had never crossed his mind.

Yeah, you're probably right. Several other people there didn't bring anything either. I still wish there was some way I could help--I hate having such a guilty conscience!

I went to a party with a friend a couple of days ago. I met the host before, but I don't know him too well. The facebook invitation said "BYOB" but I didn't think I would drink so I didn't bring anything. Well it just so happened that I did end up drinking, and now I'm feeling a bit guilty for not having brought anything. It was a big party with over 60 people, so I doubt he noticed, but I just want to contribute.

Should I contact the host and let him know that I'm willing to pay him, or would that be a strange thing to do?

Not a big deal, it was a big party and most people covered it.

If you're still feeling guilty in a few day send him a bottle of his favorite drink.