Home wrecker friend

Emerald_11

I have a friend who seems to only be attracted to guys who are married or in relationships. She was bullied on social media by the fiancé of a guy she was "seeing" and now she was just approached by a girlfriend of another guy she started seeing. Through all of this I have sided with her convincing myself it is not her fault these guys tild her they are single when they are not. Now I am starting to see that it is a pattern and she is not so innocent.

She made some dusturbing comments the other day when she came by my place to visit. My husband was not home and I told her we were not getting along that day and he had left. She then told me if we were to break up she is both of our friend and that she had known my husband longer than I had ( they went to school together) ... Then she told me she thinks my husband flirts with her and possibly has the hots for her. Which I knowfor a fact is 100 percent false. She has never spent any time alone with him. He has never said or done anything that could make her think that at all. She insisted he gives her a "vibe".,.

I think she got excited at the thought of us not getting along.

I think she should seek counseling to find out why she is only after other peoples men.

I don't really have any desire to speak to her since she said all that. It was so un helpful.

If she tries to contact me I might just avoid her calls...and focus on other friendships with people who would never say anything like what she said.

Or should I confront her about what she said so she might understand why saying that makes her a bad friend.

• Author

Would it do any good to point out how she was notsupportive? And her comments only revealed how self centered and conceited she is?

Or would it be best to just not talk to her?

Side note: over the last year this friend has become very promiscuous. The Facebook post that was passed around about her said.. Don't let her near your man!

She has had sex with at least 7 ir 8 people just in the ladt couple months. She even had sex with my next door neighbor a few times but seemed to show the greatest interest in him when he said he might get back together with his ex wife. Now that he is not saying that she says she doesn't want a relationship and is not paying attention to him.

Stage5Clinger

I fell hard for a friend's girlfriend before... enough that I was ready to steal her. I don't have any good advice for you except that people can't help their feelings sometimes. You may want to keep this friend at a distance if you think there is any chance at all of these two hooking up behind your back -- or straight up leaving you for her.

• Author

My husband is not attracted to her at all. I am not worried about him running off with her...the thought of that makes me laugh because it is so far out there. She was married to one of my husbands friends from school that's how I met her but she is now divorced. The reason her comments are disturbing is that it seems like she believes that every man (even my husband) wants her and she wants to conquer all of them but only if someone else is in the picture. She never used to be one but im sorry to say she is being a dirty slut. She has got stds and had to go to the doctor but that didn't stop her from jumping on the guyshe met the next day.

Maybe she is having a mid life crisis....

Clarence_Boddicker

I'd just dump her as a friend. She's into unethical behaviors.

• Like 2

I would not bother to confront her. Best case scenario, she will stop making those comments....but she'll still be thinking whatever she wants. It's better to fade her out.

• Like 1
GunslingerRoland

It sounds like she is a sexaholic, looking for a bigger and bigger thrill of sleeping with attached men.

I wouldn't blame you if you want to cut her out of your life, but she does have a problem... it may be awkward, but some sort of an intervention may be necessary...

I had a friend like this years ago. She got super attracted to a guy if he was interested in someone else! Like, this is how they became a challenge.

We had a real sad night at her house. She threw a party. Invited my ex. I didn't realize he still had a thing for me. He paid a lot of attention to me that night and she got so frustrated seeing this that she ended the night drunk, sitting under her kitchen table on the floor crying "nobody loves me" thinking she'd get his sympathy. Nope.

There were plenty of men there but she wasted her night watching my ex watching me!

I ended that "friendship" and glad I did!

I think that no matter what now, she'll make a play for your husband. I would tell him exactly what she said and how she's been carrying on -- but you need to be prepared in case he's less of an angel as you think he is. Even if he wasn't interested before, if a guy knows there's easy pickins, off he may go to sample the goods. Depending on how he takes this news, if he's really not at all interested in her, best case scenario would be he calls her in front of you and tells her off -- but either way, I think it's time to dump this friend. It would just be optimal if he did it for you so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

• Like 1
  • Author

She was still at our house when he got home and I told him in front of her. I said "she thinks you have a crush on her!" and he told her that is completely not true and he asked her why she would think that. She didn't have an answer and seemed suprised and embarrassed that I told him. Then I handed her her bag and said "thanks for stopping by" and she left. I noticed today she has blocked me on FB so good riddens to her

• Like 5

Oh, that's great. Yes, she's gone for good now, but good riddance. Now just be alert in case she tries to text him or something to say she never said that and place the blame on you. Hopefully not since you called her out and now she's embarassed. P.S. Be sure and block her back and ask him to do the same so she can't see where he is and try anything.

• Like 1